If you have had a problem with Surge.....

nbcgurl22

Please post here.

Let us know how long you were using it, how you were using it (how many times a day were you spraying) and what type of problem you experienced.

This might help others!!!

Ipanema

I was using Surge on my scalp twice a day for a couple of days, but stopped because of the build-up. It was white & flaky. Also, my scalp was feeling tight. Now I use it on my hair only, and that's about every other day.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I spray Surge on my short spot, hairline and nape area a few hours before bed 1x per day. I haven't had any itching or scalp problems with Surge, thank goodness. I haven't experienced any growth, either. Just really soft hair. But I recently tried it on wet hair after a conditioner wash and it made my hair impossible to comb through. I know it was the Surge--it's the only thing that was different. It reminded me of when stylists used to comb really harsh shampoo through my hair. I'll stick to applying it 1x at night on semi-dry hair.

Nutmeg

Similar to SassyGirl, I've not been happy with Surge on my wet hair (it's complicated the combing). I too only use it on dry hair.

firecracker

I am a new Surge user (almost 2 wks).
I spray in between rollers each nite.
I didn't like it as a detangler,but I did notice this week that when I comb out there is any hair in the sink. So I will combine it with a real detangler and see how that works.

Valerie

When I first started using Surge, it made my scalp tingly and itchy, but then I rinse twice a day, plus I seal with a mixture of olive oil and castor oil and so far, I haven't had any problems, I washed my hair after using Surge for a week. Next Saturday or Sunday, will be another washing day.

diamondlady

Okay, this could have been embarrassing. I was in church Sunday, and felt an itch at my left ear. I reached up at rubbed it, a HUGE brown flake fell from behind my ear to my lap where it landed on my cream-colored choir robe. When I saw what happened, I looked around real quick
to see if anyone else saw what happened. No one did.

This was the first time I noticed anything. Then, there was itching on my neck and in the front right and left sides. I've been using Surge since December 17, 2003. Twice a day (most of the time) sprayed directly on the scalp.

I noticed some nice results. Extra soft hair and I believe I'm seeing more new growth than I usually do 5 weeks post relaxer.

blue_flower

I've stopped using Surge since last week and the shedding I was experiencing hasn't been as bad. Fortunately, I haven't had any flakes. I think if I ever start using my Surge again, then I'll try putting it only on the ends of my hair and not on my scalp.