If you have "the 3c Patch"

My entire nape is 3b. I treat it the same. Almost every hairstylist will ask me to cut it because they think it's heat damaged.:ohwell:

My nape is 3C and I have a dash of 3B above my ears that is really small. The only thing I do differently is that I try not to be too heavy handed on product in these areas. They seem to stay moisturized and this area is easier to detangle. As far a styling, I try to fluff so that it doesn't hang so low as to cause a mullet. I simply refuse to cut it so I just deal with the looser curl pattern.

My nape and the front of my hair is 3c...I don't treat it any different than my 4a hair though...I have to baby my hair anyway because of all the color.

Hey, CNB! :wave: Yes I have a couple of 3C patches:

1 Where is yours? The front half of my head is 3C (from my ears forward). But I also have a patch of 3C in my nape too. The rest of my hair is 4a.

2 Do you treat it any differently from the rest of your hair? It's more like I have to treat my 4a hair differently than I treat the 3C hair. For example, I use waaaaaaay more conditioner on the 4a hair, plus I try to be very gentle with it too. My 3C hair doesn't require all the extra attention.

3 Do you find it easier or more challenging to deal with. It's easier to detangle, that's for sure. I have to be more delicate with my 4a hair because it's prone to breakage. But my 3C hair is thinner and finer, so it's really limp when straightened.

Questions:
1 Where is yours? Just the nape
2 Do you treat it any differently from the rest of your hair? I relax it last
3Do you find it easier or more challenging to deal with. It's a lot easier to comb and detangle

I have 3c and a little 3B patches in the front and in the middle. It is a pain in the butt! The hairs in these patches just twine into each other and don't want to let go of each other. I'm actually still trying to figure out how to deal with them, especially the patches in the middle.

I thought I was the only one with this.... :lol:
I have a 3c patch at my nape (I cut a small section to see if it wasn't just my relaxed ends holding it down....nope!)
I don't treat it differently although I notice it's easier to detangle, grows fastest and it was the part of my hair that really took off once I started texlaxing (now transitioning).
I think I have another patch at the front of my hair because that used to break off and stay above my eyebrows when I was relaxed bone-straight, now the texlaxed ends are reaching my chin!

Questions:
1 Where is yours?
nape and goes up about 3". The sides appear to be 3c and the middle 3b. The rest of my hair is type 4.
2 Do you treat it any differently from the rest of your hair?
When I was relaxed i had to be extra careful because it would constantly break and was always dry.
3. Do you find it easier or more challenging to deal with.
Currently I'm transitioning (exactly 17 months post today!!!), this section has actually been the easiest to deal with and literally only takes 5 mins to detangle and is pretty resistant to breakage. But I fear once I finally BC it will look like I have a mullet:perplexed.

1 Where is yours? Middle back of my nape
2 Do you treat it any differently from the rest of your hair? Not really. Its silky and strong; never tangles, never breaks. It grows faster than the rest of my hair so I have to keep an eye on cutting it as far as styling so I don't have a mullet. I'm always asking a family member to cut it off for me, esp back when I used to wear my hair straight all the time.

The rest of my hair is mostly 4b so in my natural state it really stands out bc it hangs down while the rest of my hair shrinks up into an afro.

3Do you find it easier or more challenging to deal with. MUCH easier, if all my hair were like that, it would probably be longer and take much less time to do.

1. Where is yours?
Right in the crown/back of my head:

June 2010
DSC_0526.jpg

It does nothing. It does not curl up or get straight. Not sure if its considered 3c but its just frizzy with a little wave to it

2. Do you treat it any differently from the rest of your hair?
No. It adapts.

3. Do you find it easier or more challenging to deal with?
Neither since I treat it like the rest of my hair, aside from looks, it doesn't give me any problems.

Questions:
1 Where is yours?
middle of my nape; It's those 2 sections that are hanging in the picture
I don't know what type it is but I know it isn't like the rest of my 4a hair
1-1.jpg

2 Do you treat it any differently from the rest of your hair?
yes; They tangle much easier. I have to be more careful with them but it could be because of where they are located. I've started cornrowing the nape in 2 sections sideways so that the ends of the 2 braids are 4a hair and those 2 sections are protected. When I was twisting those 2 sections individually, I would end up with a tangled ball at the ends.
3 Do you find it easier or more challenging to deal with.
more challenging but again it could be because of where they are located

I will say, they feel really nice...obscenely soft.

Omg, I thought it was just me. Lol. It screws up my styles that little 3c-nape-patch.

ETA: Oh, I didn't really answer all the questions by the OP. I treat that nape patch a lil differently when I am doing a tnc-I put it tighter on a roller so it won't hang down too low. I don't find that challenging. I am aware of it so I make sure it fits in w/my hairstyles, which doesn't take that much more energy (wng are a little difficult). :)

Sent from my DROIDX

Back