3c ladies and BKT

candy626

3c ladies that have had the BKT or Brazilian Blow out:

How has the treatment changed your curl pattern (like have you gone from a 3c to a 3a)?

Has it really repaired your hair, like it claims to do?

Do you notice less split ends?

Do you have better growth retention?

When you wear a wash and go, is there way less shrinkage?

What treatment did you use, and were you relaxed/texlaxed before you used it?

I am considering the treatment but have obvious reservations due to the chemical content of most BKT products. However, the people I know that have had it done, seem to love it. Most of these people have much looser hair textures than me, so I was just curious to hear someone with 3c texture experience.

I am not a 3 anything but I prefer doing BKTs myself. The first reason is because I feel like I need to have strict control over the heat. I only use 375:) The second reason it the one time I went to the salon she wasn't as gentle with my hair as I am. I do everything in sections and take my time. She wasn't rough just not as gentle:)

How has the treatment changed your curl pattern (like have you gone from a 3c to a 3a)?
Not very much at all probably because I do not use extreme heat but I have noticeably less tangily(sp?) hair. Detangling sessions are not a 2 hour experience any more.

Has it really repaired your hair, like it claims to do?
My hair really wasn't damaged:)

Do you notice less split ends?

Do you have better growth retention?
Yes because I don't get frustrated when I am detangling so no more pulling and yanking:) Comb really glides through my hair.

When you wear a wash and go, is there way less shrinkage?
I dont do wash n gos:)

What treatment did you use, and were you relaxed/texlaxed before you used it?
Home QOD Gold at 375
1 Salon experience Global for resistant curly hair at 410

Back