If you use Bigen.....I have a question!!!

Valarie1

Help please!
I'm about to use Bigen for the second time. First time results were ok, really no damage to speak of. But I have finally gotten my hair growing and I want to be sure to apply the Bigen in a way that it won't do any breakage.
Do you use it on wet or dry hair? Do you shampoo after? DC? Protein?
I need advice!!

Valarie1

i used it on dry hair, afterwards i did a protein treatment.

Thanks kuwait. I have it on my hair now....this is the second time I've used it and I still can't get over the fact that it makes such a small amount. My hair is only shoulder length and I barely have enough to cover.

Artemis

My hair is approx. SL, and I almost ran out too. Next time I will get 2 boxes just in case. This last time I added some more water to what was left and it was JUST enough.

Most ladies apply Bigen the same day as their relaxer touch-up, so they are applying it on damp or wet hair. I like to wait a wash day or two, and apply it to dry hair.

I also shampoo and DC afterwards.

HTH

so so chic

When I used Bigen, I applied it to dry hair. I had my best experience when I applied it with my hands, and not with a brush. Afterwards, I DC'ed, and rollerset. I actually used about 4 boxes for my hair. I'm not sure if that was too much, but that's what it seemed to take. Also, I did not put a plastic cap on with the dye, I just clipped it up. HTH

mohair

I have done it both ways and haven't noticed a difference either way. I wont be using it for a while now until I can figure out what caused the breakage I experienced a few weeks ago.:ohwell:

Valarie1

Thanks for the replies ladies.
I wound up adding water to what was left also. I was wondering if applying to wet hair might make the application a bit easier. It certainly thickens/dries quickly.
Next time I will probably try two boxes....hmmm.....perhaps mix a couple of shades. I used the Med. Chestnut this time, DC'd with Silicon Mix under the dryer, rollerset with lottabody and about to crawl out from the dryer in about 10 minutes.
Hope things come out ok....I had some mean grays to cover!

tschizum

Is that that stuff in the box with the chinese lady on it? does it work to lighten the hair? I've only heard of people using it to get dark blue black hair.

Valarie1

Is that that stuff in the box with the chinese lady on it? does it work to lighten the hair? I've only heard of people using it to get dark blue black hair.

Yes...that's the one. But the directions say specifically that it will NOT lighten. It worked nicely when I used it before to darken a bit and add shine.

Missi

i apply it to my hair after a touch-up: i'll let my hair air-dry: then i'll apply it to my new growth: it like a protein treatment to me

STLCoverGirl

I've used it on wet and dry hair. I prefer to use it on my wet hair..it seems to spread better. I always follow with a protein treatment and DC.

santia

I'm new when it comes to using Bigen. The 1st try was on wet hair. It worked fine. I just added an extra cup and a half for the mixture.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I LOVE Bigen!:blush: However, it does have a tendency to dry the hair out a bit. You have a couple of options:

1. Use bigen, but just follow up with a very deep moisturizing conditioner.
2. Use a rinse. JenniferMD has a wonderful one with no ammonia or peroxide. You can get Colorshowers at her website, www.roundbrushhair.com.
3. If you like browns and reds, you can use Henna, which is very good and healthy for the hair. Or, if you like black, you can use Indigo that you can purchase from Indian/Ayurvedic websites. Sadly you can't get Indigo in the stores. Do a search here on the forum for Indigo.

Good luck!!!