If your in the market for a shower filter-view this site!

AstroQueen77

Ive been researching how beneficial a shower filter for health and hair growth reasons. Getting chlorine in the shower can strip your body of iodine..and ultimately cause among other things, a dysfunction of your thyroid. Ive read how great shower filters are for hair growth/maintinence on this board...but always wondered how much of a percentage of chlorine is really being filtered out. There are two types of chlorine, so a shower filter company may skew their results and be misleading.
Anyway heres the link http://home.roadrunner.com/~reviewguy/shower_filter_test_results.html

Im ordering sprite hoc, the filter that uses vitamin c may be drying to my hair I think, even though it does an excellent job of filtering both forms of chlorine.
Check it out!

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Thanks for the info. I have been interested in getting one, came across one for $80 in a vitamin magazine, but it really didnt give a description of the item.

AstroQueen77

Great, I was looking into 100 dollar filters...I was wondering how I would know if it would actually do as it says

Aggie

Before you go and spend too much for a filter. Try other places. I found then cheaper at home depot.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...ilter&langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Thanks so much for this link Closer1. I was on amazon.com a few days ago looking at shower filters for the first time ever and the prices were astronomical IMO and the ones on homedepot are at least 300% less in cost. I couldn't believe they were so expensive. I have them in my wish list adn now I am going to delete them. I just saved this link here in my favorites. Thanks again.

Aggie

Ive been researching how beneficial a shower filter for health and hair growth reasons. Getting chlorine in the shower can strip your body of iodine..and ultimately cause among other things, a dysfunction of your thyroid. Ive read how great shower filters are for hair growth/maintinence on this board...but always wondered how much of a percentage of chlorine is really being filtered out. There are two types of chlorine, so a shower filter company may skew their results and be misleading.
Anyway heres the link http://home.roadrunner.com/~reviewguy/shower_filter_test_results.html

Im ordering sprite hoc, the filter that uses vitamin c may be drying to my hair I think, even though it does an excellent job of filtering both forms of chlorine.
Check it out!

Thank you too Lnacen for this link. Now I know which filter I need to buy.
BTW, I read somewhere that some folks say that when you add citric acid to filtered water, it helps to close the cuticles and add shine to our hair very simialr to ACV as a rinse.

jenteel

this is the one i have
i got it on sale for $30 at home depot
it feels wonderful!!!

sprite royale filtered shower head

Last edited:

AstroQueen77

Thank you too Lnacen for this link. Now I know which filter I need to buy.
BTW, I read somewhere that some folks say that when you add citric acid to filtered water, it helps to close the cuticles and add shine to our hair very simialr to ACV as a rinse.

Your welcome. Always looking for ways to help on the board :)

Nonie

I was looking for a filter too but my shower head is the kind on a hose that just hangs on a bracket thingy and was about to give up finding a filter that would work with my contraption until I found this one and I absolutely love it!

MissLawyerLady

This is the same one I have and it has worked very well. I no longer smell that chemical smell (chlorine) when I'm showering and my skin isn't dry anymore. I can actually go without lotioning. My hair is responding to products better. I can't wait to see the long-term benefits.:grin:

this is the one i have
it feels wonderful!!!

PinkPebbles

Thank you so much...I'm going to THD this weekend to purchase the Sprite!!!!!!

Check it out!

CocoGlow

Ok, I know I'm the lone ranger here who does not shampoo in the shower! I wash my hair in the kitchen sink, always have, and I have never mastered washing my hair in the shower without getting Swimmer's Ear :spinning:

I do plan to get a shower filter anyway for skin benefits and these links are soo helpful!

But does anyone know of any Excellent reasonably priced faucet filters that I can put on my kitchen sink as well?? :rolleyes:

ladylibra

Ok, I know I'm the lone ranger here who does not shampoo in the shower! I wash my hair in the kitchen sink, always have, and I have never mastered washing my hair in the shower without getting Swimmer's Ear :spinning:

I do plan to get a shower filter anyway for skin benefits and these links are soo helpful!

But does anyone know of any Excellent reasonably priced faucet filters that I can put on my kitchen sink as well?? :rolleyes:

when you say you wash your hair in the sink... do you mean you fill the sink up with water and wash? or you stick your head under the faucet/use that little spigot beside the faucet?

i LOVE to wash my hair in a sink full of water but it's not fun bending so far over to do so. better yet i love washing my hair in the tub, it's so convenient to just sink into the water and rinse :grin:

i know this is so off-topic, i'll shut up now :spinning:

Aggie

This is the same one I have and it has worked very well. I no longer smell that chemical smell (chlorine) when I'm showering and my skin isn't dry anymore. I can actually go without lotioning. My hair is responding to products better. I can't wait to see the long-term benefits.:grin:

This is a very pretty sleek one you bought. I just bought this one because of the reviews although I think all the Sprite models give great results:

I can't wait to use it to feel the softening results. Woo hoo!!!

this is the one i have
it feels wonderful!!!

That's the exact same one that I have and the exact same price - but I got it at Lowes. And I agree it's a great all-in-one filter/shower head and the shower pressure is amazing! :grin:

And all the sprite models use the same filtration system - different models come w/different all-in-one shower heads or without a shower head if desired.

Last edited:

Junebug D

Woot! I finally got my Sprite filter. I am installing it tomorrow and using it on my hair on Saturday! Can't wait!

Denise11

I must say thank you ladies for this thread. I've been looking for a good filter for a while, and then here you ladies are with all of these great links!

I just bought the sprite high out put shower filter with massaging showerhead.

Junebug D

I installed and used my filter! I got the Sprite Royale from FiltersFast.com. It was surprisingly easy to install, the hardest part was unscrewing my old shower head. :perplexed

Here's a picture of it in my shower:

I was pleased with the results! First of all this strong, kinda "stingy" odor that's usually present when I shower was totally GONE! I usually get an itchy throat, and a patulous eustachian tube after taking my 1hr+ shower on shampoo/condition days... but now, NOPE! All felt fine! I wanted to stay in there all day! the water felt really good, it wasn't stinging my body anymore! And normally when I'm in there for so long, my skin gets incredibly dry and my fingers and toes are shriveled and completely dried out. But nope, not this time! they were still dry and I still needed lots of lotion, but it was a marked improvement!

As for the hair... LAWD! I won't attribute everything to the filter since I'm still experimenting and I've been doing different things & using different products every week, but there was a noticeable improvement in my hair.

First thing I noticed was that the water did not make my hair hard as it normally does. Usually I'll pre-poo and my hair will be soft and I can run my fingers through it, and then I'll rinse it out and my hair goes back to it's normal hard/tangled state. Did not happen this time! I noticed that at every step of my poo/conditioning yesterday: however my hair felt with the product on, when I rinsed it out, it retained much of the same softness and did not tangle. My hair felt soft, tangle-free, & moisturized through (almost!) every step yesterday. :yep: And there was much less hair in the tub too. Of the hair that i picked up and examined, 95% of it was shed. :drunk:

Later, when my hair was dry and stretched and ready to twist.. my twists came out with much less frizz than they ever have before. They are looking moist, defined, and elongated!

I am SO pleased with this filter! I can't undeniably attribute 100% everything to the filter, but I am loving the way my hair felt (and still feels!)! It doesn't look or feel like my hair at all! A definite first for me! My twists actually have swang! :grin:

Here's all of what I did yesterday, the things I did for the first time are bolded:

pre-poo with Castor oil
rinse
shampoo with ORS Creamy Aloe
rinse
oil rinse with EVOO, Jojoba and tea tree mix
rinse
used Aphogee 2-minute reconstructor, cover with cap
rinse
sat under blow dryer on medium setting and dried till 95% dry-- hair turned crunchy, tangled & hard! :nono:
DC'd with BioInfusion Olive Oil Deep Conditioning Treatment , coconut oil, EVOO, & milk for 1 hour
rinse
moisturized with Hollywood Beauty Olive Creme, sealed with Castor oil
put in big twists for stretching

Later:
detangled with brush
twists with shea butter

Results:
This is the best my hair has ever looked!

Attachments

• DSCF0209.JPG
    DSCF0209.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF0214.JPG
    DSCF0214.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 5