A SMALL SETBACK-ITS ALL IN THE WATER

hotshot

sigh. no really ladies, dont underestimate the quality of the water in your home.
After finally tackling breakage and needing a trim, I got a dominican blowout. Unfotunately i started experiencing breakage after the blowout. since im 4ab natural, this took alot of heat, so i sadly figured a little breakage was inevitable. but i kept getting breakage! for weeks! even though i was deep conditioning 2x a week!
Meanwhile i kept wondering why conditioners like phytokarite, facile mud mask, and anything else would feel good until they dried. once dry my hair felt like straw. Could this all be a result of the blowout?

This week i realized:

On the day of my appointment, in the middle of an extensive wash day, i had to remove my shower filter and wash straight from the spigot. the filter was so full of crap after 3 or 4 months that it wasnt even allowing water to get through. i could afford to replace my filter and a rationed to myself my water couldnt really be that bad. and after all, it didnt seem to bother my roommates.
confused.gif
WRONG. I HAVE PRETTY BAD WATER. Hmm. thats why my hair was so dry even though i had deep conditioned it that the hairdresser had to wash my hair again once i got to the salon. at the time i blamed it on having used new products. that's why every intense moisturizing conditioner ive used since felt like straw when dry and none of my leave-ins or moisturizers were doing jack. It was all in the water. i was doing just fine before.

SO, my roommate has some redken deep fuel she got for free. Im about the get me some distilled water and go to town. it might be some time till i can get a replacement filter. and i cant really afford to get my hair washed somewhere else. since ive realized this ive been terrified to wash my hair or do my much needed protein treatment. i was literally getting breakage whenever i touched my hair, which hasn't happened in ages.
frown.gif
Its just sad how one little thing can mess you up!

BUT 2 days ago discovered what has been a MIRACLE that i recommend to any of you:
spritz dry hair with water.
glob on some dove intense moisturizing conditioner.
then use ORS carrot oil.
*optional* seal ends with grease or kemi oyl shea butter pomade.
leave hair alone, like in a scarf or puff.

THIS HAS HELPED SIGNIFICANTLY.
wish me luck!
smile.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
hotshot said:
sigh. no really ladies, dont underestimate the quality of the water in your home.
After finally tackling breakage and needing a trim, I got a dominican blowout. Unfotunately i started experiencing breakage after the blowout. since im 4ab natural, this took alot of heat, so i sadly figured a little breakage was inevitable. but i kept getting breakage! for weeks! even though i was deep conditioning 2x a week!
Meanwhile i kept wondering why conditioners like phytokarite, facile mud mask, and anything else would feel good until they dried. once dry my hair felt like straw. Could this all be a result of the blowout?

This week i realized:

On the day of my appointment, in the middle of an extensive wash day, i had to remove my shower filter and wash straight from the spigot. the filter was so full of crap after 3 or 4 months that it wasnt even allowing water to get through. i could afford to replace my filter and a rationed to myself my water couldnt really be that bad. and after all, it didnt seem to bother my roommates.
confused.gif
WRONG. I HAVE PRETTY BAD WATER. Hmm. thats why my hair was so dry even though i had deep conditioned it that the hairdresser had to wash my hair again once i got to the salon. at the time i blamed it on having used new products. that's why every intense moisturizing conditioner ive used since felt like straw when dry and none of my leave-ins or moisturizers were doing jack. It was all in the water. i was doing just fine before.

SO, my roommate has some redken deep fuel she got for free. Im about the get me some distilled water and go to town. it might be some time till i can get a replacement filter. and i cant really afford to get my hair washed somewhere else. since ive realized this ive been terrified to wash my hair or do my much needed protein treatment. i was literally getting breakage whenever i touched my hair, which hasn't happened in ages.
frown.gif
Its just sad how one little thing can mess you up!

BUT 2 days ago discovered what has been a MIRACLE that i recommend to any of you:
spritz dry hair with water.
glob on some dove intense moisturizing conditioner.
then use ORS carrot oil.
*optional* seal ends with grease or kemi oyl shea butter pomade.
leave hair alone, like in a scarf or puff.

THIS HAS HELPED SIGNIFICANTLY.
wish me luck!
smile.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My hair also feels like straw, but the ladies here helped me to see that I've portein-overloaded and probably need a deep-conditioning treatment(s). WHen you use the DOVE INTENSE MOISTURIZING CONDITIONER, do you leave it in the hair? Is that a leave-in conditioner, or do you wash it out?

I'm glad you got to the bottom of the problem, you can recover from the set back quickly and it looks like you learned a good "emergency" treatment for any future problems from going through this mishap...thats valuable info to have

I notice the difference after only one shampoo in my hair when I have to go without a filter or distilled water... The first thing I do when I get home is shampoo with distilled water. My hair is soft immediately.

Back