I'm about to relax....hold me back

JLove74

Geesh, I dunno what's happening. I haven't relaxed since May and was trying to hold out until end of Nov or beginning of Dec., but my new growth is getting really THICK. Not unmanageable, no breakage, normal shedding.

I wear my hair down Mon-Thurs and ponytail Fri-Sun. Should I relax this weekend or just keep it in a ponytail until the end of the month?

loonatick

if you are not experiencing anything negative then hold out.
The more you wait, the more health and growth you will gain.:)

bluediamond0829

girl i know how that relaxer itch can be im trying to decide about rather i want to stretch too since i have some nice protective styles to wear now(wigs) where i dont need to relax or show my own hair(im only going on 6 weeks)....

but girl you have done well to stretch from May all the way up to now...you should have a tremendous amount of growth....but try to hold out if you can if its not giving you any problems....

Royal Glory

JLove74 said:
Geesh, I dunno what's happening. I haven't relaxed since May and was trying to hold out until end of Nov or beginning of Dec., but my new growth is getting really THICK. Not unmanageable, no breakage, normal shedding.

I wear my hair down Mon-Thurs and ponytail Fri-Sun. Should I relax this weekend or just keep it in a ponytail until the end of the month?

Hi JLove,

I'm with you. I wear my hair down from the weekend to midweek and in french rolls from mid week to weekend. If you like to wear your hair down half of the time, wearing a ponytail for four weeks is going to be a challenge. I'm sure you can do it if it is for the benefit of your hair.

Are you trying to hold out to beat an artibtary deadline you have set for yourself or for the benefit of your hair? If you are doing it for your hair, I say hold out. If you are doing it because you wanted to reach 6 months, I'd say "relax". :)