I'm Cutting My Hair!

so so chic

Well, congrats on the new cut...it looks great, and as long as you're happy :yep:. I don't think you were being dramatic at all...or maybe that's because I'm the same way sometimes :look:.

aloof one

Thanks so so chic! I really am happy with it. BTW, I bumped the ends and it looks even fuller! I will never sacrifice health and thickness for length again, no matter what friends/family try to tell me. My mom is gonna be so mad and I don't care because I'm happy. No more negative people having weight on my decisions.

On that note, I just wish people would stop with all the negativity. Everytime I post a thread someone has to pop in with drama. Wasn't the Leave-In thread enough? People act like they are obligated to bring you down just because they are.

sound

I know exactly what you're going through. I'm transitioning and my relaxed end's are the same. I just had a few inches cut off last Saturday and got my hair braided on Sunday because I knew I wasn't gonna be able to stomach the site of my hair being so short again. I did feel a whole lot better when I looked in the mirror and saw thick ends again. I was so focused on the length and didn't pay enough attention to the thickness. I guarantee that you will feel much better when you snip those ends off, but if you aren't 100% comfortable with the length after the cut, just get a few half wigs or braid it up for a while.

edit*

I didn't see the recent post, your hair looks GREAT!

tijay

Glad you're happy w/ the cut. I totally understand wanting healthy hair over lenthy hair!

hopeful

On that note, I just wish people would stop with all the negativity. Everytime I post a thread someone has to pop in with drama. Wasn't the Leave-In thread enough? People act like they are obligated to bring you down just because they are.

al00fone, don't worry about it. I read your entire thread and pretty much everyone was very supportive of you except for one person who was teasing you for being overly dramatic, it wasn't necessary to say, but you know just remember it was only one person, just like in the leave-in thread. I think that most of us at one point or other can be very dramatic about our hair because we are so passionate about our hair and goals. I think it's part of being female and quite normal. Overall you seem to attract a lot of love and support, which is a blessing, so maybe try to find a way to ignore or diffuse the random one person that enters your thread with negativity. Negativity often does not deserve attention or a response--jmho. Focus on the positive (which seems to be abundant in your life). Btw, your hair looks very nice, it's so thick and a nice length too:yep:.

Traycee

I'm so happy for you. I just cut 3 inches last month. It was so hard to do but I was so happy with the outcome. Feels and look so much better. My father and husband wasn't happy but they'll get over it.

Trust me healthy hair is so much better than length. Long raggedy hair is just..well just tacky. It will grow back sooner than you think.:grin:

aloof one

Thanks, Ill really keep that in mind. I think I was just being defensive after the *incident but I shouldnt let anything et to me. I know she didn't mean any harm now.

al00fone, don't worry about it. I read your entire thread and pretty much everyone was very supportive of you except for one person who was teasing you for being overly dramatic, it wasn't necessary to say, but you know just remember it was only one person, just like in the leave-in thread. I think that most of us at one point or other can be very dramatic about our hair because we are so passionate about our hair and goals. I think it's part of being female and quite normal. Overall you seem to attract a lot of love and support, which is a blessing, so maybe try to find a way to ignore or diffuse the random one person that enters your thread with negativity. Negativity often does not deserve attention or a response--jmho. Focus on the positive (which seems to be abundant in your life). Btw, your hair looks very nice, it's so thick and a nice length too:yep:.