I'm thinking about cutting- to right below my neck...

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
I'm thinking about cutting mt hair to right below my neck. I just looked at my ends and I'm seeing a few split ones, I hate it! I feel like I'm trying too hard to have these dumb splits. If I do cut it, I'll start off fresh with even and healthy ends. I want length, but goodness, the trim I just had on 2/1/08 didn't get rid of the raggedy ends like I thought. Should I?

I'm openminded, please give me your honest opinions. TIA

hopeful

I wouldn't do it. I'd trim gradually so it would not be so drastic a cut.

ETA: Just looked at your fotki pics--your hair is a really nice length. Maybe take off an inch or so every couple of months.

JustKiya

If your hair is long enough for you to see the splits, I would cut the ends that have splits, and leave the rest alone.... esp. since you have layers. Cutting off the bottom inches aren't going to makea difference if you have splits higher up.

malibu4590

I wouldn't do it considering how great your hair looks. Maybe a "search and destroy" method of combating the splits or dusting the very ends every month could help? If you always make drastic mini BCs every time you get more than a handful of split ends, you'll never see any progress.

It~Can~Grow

Girl...leave that length alone and send a missile after the splits "only". :bat: If you chop up to the neck, that's 3+ inches, and you still may have some splits hiding out in the bomb shelter. :armyhat:

Then once the 3 inches grows out, the splits will resurface and you'll be back to the same place. :angry2:

I'd say try to find the splits first, knock those out and if after a month or so, you feel the same way, try making smaller (mini-mini) chops every month.:yep:

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
If your hair is long enough for you to see the splits, I would cut the ends that have splits, and leave the rest alone.... esp. since you have layers. Cutting off the bottom inches aren't going to makea difference if you have splits higher up.
Good point! I didn't even think about the layers... okay, then I will do search and destroy and still dust maybe every 2 months or so to get the ones I can't see/reach. I need to get some good sheers... today.

Thank you ladies so much for your help!!:grouphug2: