I'm getting my hair trimmed tomorrow...

G

I\'m getting my hair trimmed tomorrow...

What is the correct procedure for trimming hair? I was thinking parted in the middle and working the scissors all around...

Any suggestions? Thanks!

G

Re: I\'m getting my hair trimmed tomorrow...

NO REPLIES! C'mon people! I know some of you out there have something to advise me! My appointment is tonight! Help!

pebbles

Hi Blossom,

I noticed you said you have an appointment to get your hair cut. Does that mean you're going to a salon? I don't know how to trim hair professionally, so I couldn't tell you what the proper procedure would be. I usually just snip off any ends that look split to me, in no particular order. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ngaa

hey blossom, i think it depends on the reason that u r havin yo hair trimmed, is it for styling (layering etc)or to jus get rid of split ends? coz if it is for evening out the hair or for split ends then parting in middle may not work and mayb the best wud be to start from front or back and section out bit by bit so that you cut only the part and length that u intend to /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif
p.s. do u trust the person cutting yo hair coz if u dont then u may need to watch her closely jus in case she's one of them scissor happy type /images/graemlins/wink.gif

pebbles

Good suggestion ngaa. Blossom, before she trims, ask her to let you see what she's going to take off before hand. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

G

Thanks ladies... I'm getting it trimmed to even out the sides. I'm going to tell him I dont' want the back cut because I'm not having any problems with the back, just the sides. I get my hair trimmed about once a year and I can tell when it's time...

I will be watching closely /images/graemlins/wink.gif