I'm getting the urge to get a haircut

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I'm trying to hold off because summer is almost over, but I'm been getting the urge to get a haircut. I just haven't found anything to suit my face yet.

I always fight that urge. I loved my hair when it was around chin length, seriously layered and highlighted. I'm trying to hold on and push for length and push for something else.

Nooooooo! :ill:

Don't do it. :covereyes

Get a long wig with lots of hair and get a cut on that, then wear it till that silly urge goes away. :rolleyes:

Resist! Last summer I did the wig thing to avoid that (cut it myself several times), and this summer I just got two good very very tiny trims, which didn't detract much from what I'd grown.

Nooooooo! :ill:

Don't do it. :covereyes

Get a long wig with lots of hair and get a cut on that, then wear it till that silly urge goes away. :rolleyes:
:grin: I'm trying to resist but I keep seein cute haircuts. I'm about 2 to 3 inches from APL so I'm trying to keep focused but it's hard!!!

I think my main problem was that I suffered nape damage and although it's growing back I hate that unevenness. My hair is thick but it looks thin at the back.

me too. me too. me too. I was even reminiscing last night looking at my old short do pics
I cut my hair that short 2 times but I have no pics to show it :(

Do a protective style that hides your hair. Imo, if you have length goals and you cut, you'll more than likely regret it (unless it was get rid of damaged ends). I'm at some awful in-between stage now and it sucks terribly; I wanted to cut back to a TWA earlier this year but I'm glad I didn't. The 2.5" I did cut bothered me enough.

With that said, if your aim is to enjoy healthy hair at any length then just cut it.

Heck I had to do it. I was again almost APL and now back to EL as of this past Thursday. Spilt ends are a mother.

I mean do you want to cut b/c of damage or b/c you like your hair short?

I always fight that urge. I loved my hair when it was around chin length, seriously layered and highlighted. I'm trying to hold on and push for length and push for something else.
:yep: Me too!! I've been seriously contemplating a major cut. I've gotten real bored and I'm kind of tired of the maintenance that comes with long hair :ohwell:

Heck I had to do it. I was again almost APL and now back to EL as of this past Thursday. Spilt ends are a mother.

mostly because I want a change and also because of the damage at the back (my hair covers it is it's not too visible)

pictures please :)

:yep: Me too!! I've been seriously contemplating a major cut. I've gotten real bored and I'm kind of tired of the maintenance that comes with long hair :ohwell:

is that oprah in your avi?

I went for the cut! It's alright... it's just hair.
you too, pictures. c'mon withit

The urge is getting stronger

SO told me to buy a short wig to see how it would look or if it would suit me.

Smart, caring man you've got there..go for it, play with different styles, colors to see what fits. Take your time and look at yourself from every angle...you may decide to wig it instead of scissoring!

Back