Im going to try it again!

Shree

ok everyone I am going to try this air drying thing again, but I need some help.....Im going to try it with the pantene relaxed and natural line, I already bought everything. So now all I need to know is what to do....I mean should I just roll my hair immeadiatly after getting out of the shower...or just let it dry and then roll it....or should I just leave it alone and not roll it at all.....you see Im really worried because my hair gets out of control after I wash it......HELP SOMEBODY JUST HELP ME!!!!!!!

Hi Shree
I just started air-drying exclusively a few weeks ago. At first I was sure my hair would be unruly without the blow dryer but it has actually been just fine. I don't have any of the Pantene R & N products but as far as drying in general, I can offer a few suggestions. Apply whatever leave-ins you use after a wash, like normal. I'm using aphogee pro-vitamin leave-in plus some coconut oil and a little john frieda relax serum. These are all my "wet products," meaning they aren't creamy or anything. I prefer just letting my hair hang down to dry at first (I detangle gently with a shower comb first while hair is wet). When my hair has dried to the point where it is just damp, I apply my creamy-type moisturizers. I'm using Profectiv Break Free and Healthy Ends. These are pretty thick/heavy leave-ins and I find that putting them in while my hair is really wet causes my hair to feel hard when it dries, but they work great if I wait until my hair has dried a little. Try experimenting with when you use your particular products to find what works best for you.
So after putting in the creams and waiting until it is mostly dry but still a little moist, I usually put my hair up in a bun or braid it or something. I'm not as concerned about it being straight as I am about it being smooth. I actually prefer a little wave because my hair is really thin and it looks flat when it's poker straight (My mom says I look like a baby seal right after I get my touch-up
laugh.gif
)
So far, this has been working great. My hair never looked this good when I was blow-drying. Of course the true test will be in a couple months when my new growth is out of control
crazy.gif

I can't roller set to save my life so if you really want to set your hair I'm sure there are plenty of ladies here that could help you with that.
Does the pantene line have any kind of frizz control serum? All of my products make my hair feel soft but I think it's really the serum that makes it silky and smooth (My hair likes cones, though, so if your hair doesn't, you might want to stay away from serums).
I hope some of this helps. I'm sure once you get used to air-drying you'll find you like it
smile.gif
Good luck!

Black Cardinal
Rose.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Shree
I just started air-drying exclusively a few weeks ago. At first I was sure my hair would be unruly without the blow dryer but it has actually been just fine. I don't have any of the Pantene R & N products but as far as drying in general, I can offer a few suggestions. Apply whatever leave-ins you use after a wash, like normal. I'm using aphogee pro-vitamin leave-in plus some coconut oil and a little john frieda relax serum. These are all my "wet products," meaning they aren't creamy or anything. I prefer just letting my hair hang down to dry at first (I detangle gently with a shower comb first while hair is wet). When my hair has dried to the point where it is just damp, I apply my creamy-type moisturizers. I'm using Profectiv Break Free and Healthy Ends. These are pretty thick/heavy leave-ins and I find that putting them in while my hair is really wet causes my hair to feel hard when it dries, but they work great if I wait until my hair has dried a little. Try experimenting with when you use your particular products to find what works best for you.
So after putting in the creams and waiting until it is mostly dry but still a little moist, I usually put my hair up in a bun or braid it or something. I'm not as concerned about it being straight as I am about it being smooth. I actually prefer a little wave because my hair is really thin and it looks flat when it's poker straight (My mom says I look like a baby seal right after I get my touch-up
laugh.gif
)
So far, this has been working great. My hair never looked this good when I was blow-drying. Of course the true test will be in a couple months when my new growth is out of control
crazy.gif

I can't roller set to save my life so if you really want to set your hair I'm sure there are plenty of ladies here that could help you with that.
Does the pantene line have any kind of frizz control serum? All of my products make my hair feel soft but I think it's really the serum that makes it silky and smooth (My hair likes cones, though, so if your hair doesn't, you might want to stay away from serums).
I hope some of this helps. I'm sure once you get used to air-drying you'll find you like it
smile.gif
Good luck!

Black Cardinal
Rose.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice routine....I see I'm not the only one who finds that applying your final(or in your case 'creamy') products while the hair is damp(not when it is wet) works so much better.
I don't get 'crunchy' hair and I get more body.

Back