I am going to try my first twist out tomorrow:(

I'm going to give a twist outs a try tomorrow, im getting sick of flat ironing for now, the weather still has not cooled off permanently:perplexed, Im going to wash my hair, condition,, then apply a good amount of coconut oil or my hair wont be heavy enough, apply some setting lotion and also mousse or gel , i really want it to hold lol and then sit under the dryer till its totally dry,, ill post pics if it works out well which im fairly sure it wont:nono:, wish me luck

lboogie2679

I have recently embraced the twistout too! What I find that works well so far is a creamy leavin and seal with WGO. When I first started I thought that I would need something for hold too but all that did was make my hair hard and dull looking. HTH

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
How did it turn out? I wanna see.

I've been doing braid-outs and it's going good. I did a twist-out once and it was ok but it took forever to dry. So do my braid-outs:sad:.

Hey Pokahantas, well my twist out came out really nice at first ( ill try to take some shots where u can actually see , my camera sucks so bad lol) but ihave this issue of the ends straightening out, its so frustrating!!,, plus i used to much oil so im an oil slick,, other than that its cute,,, i used coconut oil, setting lotion and then gel on each separate section b4 twisting and then sat under the dryer for like an hour.. any tips on keeping the ends wavy cuz i did use curlers on the ends and the moment i put my hair up the ends pull straight ,,, btw i saw your twistout in your fotki, its adorable,, has a lot more body than mine,, im curious to see your braidout now and how do u do them?! mine always look :barf: lol

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Hey Pokahantas, well my twist out came out really nice at first ( ill try to take some shots where u can actually see , my camera sucks so bad lol) but ihave this issue of the ends straightening out, its so frustrating!!,, plus i used to much oil so im an oil slick,, other than that its cute,,, i used coconut oil, setting lotion and then gel on each separate section b4 twisting and then sat under the dryer for like an hour.. any tips on keeping the ends wavy cuz i did use curlers on the ends and the moment i put my hair up the ends pull straight ,,, btw i saw your twistout in your fotki, its adorable,, has a lot more body than mine,, im curious to see your braidout now and how do u do them?! mine always look :barf: lol

I'm just getting to the point of where my braid-outs look decent but it's taken lots of practice and I finally found the right product. It's Sunsilk De-Frizz leave-in. I don't have to look any further because it's working perfect for me for braid outs.

I have the straight ends too that's why when I do braid-outs I only do 2 to 4 braids. If I do them really small my ends will be too straight. I just started rolling the ends and I like it so far.

Thanks for the complement on my twist-out. I haven't done one since then. I put some new braid-out pics up yesterday but I don't think it looks all that good because it was old and frizzed out.

LOL, i cant believe you reached ur fotki limit:lachen:, thats so cute,,, your braidouts are soo CUTE also,, they kinda look similar to my twist outs for some reason.. and your hair looks sooo long now, it has really gotten long over the years,, also the braidout is a loose curlr pattern so it shows more of your length,, do u find u need to rebraid between washings?

i actually made a different thread for these but ill just post em here anyway:),, ths was after being soaked with rain:nono: and a good deal of puffing happened,, ill take more on a non rainy day lol

Attachments

• attachment-1.jpg
    attachment-1.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 10
  • attachment-2.jpg
    attachment-2.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 3
  • attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 6

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
LOL, i cant believe you reached ur fotki limit:lachen:, thats so cute,,, your braidouts are soo CUTE also,, they kinda look similar to my twist outs for some reason.. and your hair looks sooo long now, it has really gotten long over the years,, also the braidout is a loose curlr pattern so it shows more of your length,, do u find u need to rebraid between washings?

i actually made a different thread for these but ill just post em here anyway:),, ths was after being soaked with rain:nono: and a good deal of puffing happened,, ill take more on a non rainy day lol
That turned out really cute. I hate when it rains on my do', lol.

Thank you for the complement. Yeah I rebraid it every night. It's working out pretty good. If I didn't re-braid I think my hair would be flat and frizz out. I'm trying to figure out how to make them dry faster because it takes almost 2 days to dry even after I sit under the dryer it takes forever.

I retwist every night also( or ill have stretched out frizz),, i just dampen the hair though,,, The first time right after a wash my hair was soaking and i twisted it and then sat under the dryer and it dried in about an hour,, i wonder why it is that yours doesnt dry,, maybe its that u make them bigger? or tighter?,, that must be so irritating cuz if u unbraid or untwist b4 its dry it frizzes up....