I'm having last minute doubts...

vevster

I\'m having last minute doubts...

I have an appt. with Marvin on Friday and was all ready to cut based on his opinion.. Anyway, I am looking at my length and really don't want to cut one bit of it! I know it will grow back -- my hair has no problems growing and I know I am being irrational but...

I like my hair!!! It's the longest it has ever been!!

vevster

Re: I\'m having last minute doubts...

Well, a cut or trim to shape it up. All based on his opinion... I haven't had a pro cut me in such a while...

Ennyaa

Hmmm.... Well I say don't do it unless you're ABSOLUTELY certain or your ends are REALLY bad. Have you looked at them yourself? Are they split or just dry?

If you think you might regret it or be upset afterwards, then I say wait until you're sure.

VALLEYGIRL

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
If you think you might regret it or be upset afterwards, then I say wait until you're sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree you can always go back and have him cut it but to grow back hair after all your hard work will be extremely frustrating and can seem like forever!!!
WAIT

vevster

My ends aren't split or dry but prob a tad uneven.. I am definitely going to see what he says and then decide.... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tracy

Gen, don't have a stylist trim you the first time you go to them. No matter what anyone else says about them. See what he's like and if YOU like him and trust him and then have him trim you next time around. Go see what he's like before you decide. If you are feeling him while you're there then by all means let him do whatever you are comfortable with.

But my cardinal rule is to never let someone trim you on the first visit. No matter what. I have to see someone trim at least three other clients of theirs personally before I let them come near me with scissors.

vevster

But my cardinal rule is to never let someone trim you on the first visit. No matter what. I have to see someone trim at least three other clients of theirs personally before I let them come near me with scissors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no!!! I am really getting nervous now!!! I'll be ok... I'm just generating drama /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lucia

Vevster,
just a question: Are you near your goal yet or reached b/c if not just evening up the hair a hairdresser can take more of than you realize, trust me I speak from personal experience. If your ends aren't damaged just keep triiming the way you have been w/ protective styling who knows if some hair is 1" shorter than the other it will catch up and hair doesn't grow evenly. I'd say keep doing what your doing and watch them do and cut hair b/4 you let them cut yours.
hth

vevster

Vevster,
just a question: Are you near your goal yet

[/ QUOTE ]
Well... I am pretty much at goal. I like this length and am going for healthier fuller hair.... So, if he takes an inch off and gives it a nice shape to grow into no biggie.. I think /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

A

AmilLion

Well vester, I can say, from my past experiences going to Marvin over the years, he does a great trim. If you don't want a trim, I doubt that he'll pressure you like some stylist. If you want him to take off a certain amount, tell him and ask to look at it. He's pretty cool when it comes to that, he understands how we feel about hair.

Anyway, keep me posted. I hope your visit goes lovely.

vevster

Anyway, keep me posted. I hope your visit goes lovely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Amillion! I am sure it will be fine.... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif