im just soo frustrated!!! Please help :(

BomBShell♥

Ok hey ladies, have anyone of u suffered from one side of ur hair flourishing and growing and the other side doing the opposite??

Well thats my problem here. The right side of my hair is doing so well....its so managable and long, and healthy! While the left side of my hair is short, with massive breakage and just very unmanageable....its so frustrating because everything i do to my hair i do it to both sides!!!

i honestly just dont know what to do anymore cause i have one half of my head which is gorgeous and the other half which is just....blahhh

i use to notice when i use to relax my hair or a stylist relaxed my hair that the right side always came out straight and nice while the left side was still nappy and disappointing....

Ladies please tell me what to do about this problem....:sad:, im sad...

Yeah, I just trimmed my hair a couple days ago and I was horrified to find out that my right side was over an inch longer than the left. :( It's been like that for a long time though. My hair just grows that way and there isn't much I can do about it. I hate to keep trimming it to even it up but I hate uneven hair. Sometimes certain sections just grow faster than others no matter what you do.

I don't know why that would be. Do you sleep on one side more than the other? Do you always start your hair treatments on one side so that chemicals are that side longer than the other? Or when conditioning start from the same side all the time so that that side gets the conditioning a touch longer than the other side? Do you wrap in one direction all the time?

My left side is much thinner than my right. When I was relaxed it always looked like it grew faster. Now that I'm natural, I can tell that it's a completely different texture, very thin, cottony-like 4b texture, while the rest of my hair is very thick coily 4a. Sometimes it's just like that.

I don't know why that would be. Do you sleep on one side more than the other? Do you always start your hair treatments on one side so that chemicals are that side longer than the other? Or when conditioning start from the same side all the time so that that side gets the conditioning a touch longer than the other side? Do you wrap in one direction all the time?

well hun i dont wrap my hair i cornrow it and normally when i apply treatments or chemicals ill start whereever....not exactly one side over the next...i actually sleep on my right side..lol...idk sweets but thanks!!:nono:

Wish I could give you some advise... I have different rates of growth in different areas of my head... right gorws faster than left, back grows faster than front. Last year, I noticed one side (left, I think) is more prone to breakage but for some reason I have not noticed this problem in a long while.

Hope you DC at least once a week? Maybe you just have to baby that area more, apply DC more generously to that area, be careful when detangling it, moisturise as needed...

Like some of the ladies,I have the same issue.Not sure why but I am abt 14wks post and notice that the left nape area is a completely different texture than the rest of my hair. My hair has different growth rates on each sides, its frustrating I know but I just let it be, and give the slower parts a little more tlc

My hair does the same thing the right is more healthier than the left and my left grows a reddish brown color in the front, i have the most thinning and breakage in that area as well. I dont know what the deal is. My hair is relaxed but I want to transition to natural but im afraid to.

I hadn't thought of different textures so maybe that's one explanation. How about massaging the shower growing side more than you do the right. Or just ignore the right and massage the left.

Osbornes,

...oh yeah, one side is bigger, better, lighter, such as one foot, a boob, a cheek, a hand, a few greys at one side of the hairline and none on the other, etc... so I do understand what you're saying.

Do you favor the non-flourishing side, such as when sleeping; also (if you relax) relaxing the hair starting in the same area/side---this used to happen to me when I used to relax, everytime I would go for a touch-up my stylist would start the process in the same area, then it dawned on me, that area would become rather straight and less fuller, and the last plait of hair to be processed was full and lush, so after figuring this out I had her start in a different area each time, after which I started to see imporvement.

Cheers, sister-girl, feel the joy, the love, the abundance, I hope you're feeling better by now!

I justed posted in another thread about the same thing. The right side of my hair is thick and the left side is thin and see thru. Anyone else notice that most of us are having problems on the left side?

I have the exact same problem. My left side is beeeeautiful...thick and heavy and growing strong. The right on the other hand is coarser, drier and has taken forever to get rid of the bone straight ends so that must mean it grows slower.

I just give it double the attention of the left side. I apply the DC in sections and pull it through from roots to ends over and over again like milking a cow. There isn't much I can do to the left side...it thrives anyway.

I was so disappointed to see that the left side was about 2 inches longer after my last touch up 8 weeks ago AND it grows in a V. So I just snipped off the point of the V and it looks much better....blends in well enough.

I still refuse to CUT to let the slow side catch up...what if it never catches up.

Just baby that side girl, moisturize 3 or 4 times a day like I do on that side.

I justed posted in another thread about the same thing. The right side of my hair is thick and the left side is thin and see thru. Anyone else notice that most of us are having problems on the left side?

Sorry op you feel frustrated, These ladies have good tips to help you.

@ bailey i have the same problem but i sleep on my right side and its growing in faster and fuller than my left. :spinning:. that is so wierd to me. If it wasn't for shrinkage i would be at a total lose.

I never notice stuff like that. Maybe its because I'm not as serious about hair as most of you ladies. I just want it healthy and long. It doesn't even have to be perfectly even either. Lol

The next time I flat iron, I'm gonna check out my hair more closely. Or maybe not. I don't want to become obsessed with my hair.

Last edited:
My right grows faster than my left side. Shrinkage covers that nicely. I always thought it was natural. Sorry you are having such a problem. You have been given some great advice, I hope things work out for you real soon.

I never notice stuff like that. Maybe its because I'm not as serious about hair as most of you ladies. I just want it healthy and long. It doesn't even have to be perfectly even either. Lol

The next time I flat iron, I'm gonna check out my hair more closely. Or maybe not. I don't want to become obsessed with my hair.

lol, im not obsessed with my hair but its noticable. Believe me i didnt go looking through my hair for the one flaw it has, lol. But im pretty sure if u washed and dc'd your hair and noticed that one side is breaking off and is NL and the other side is SL and healthy that you may be a little concerned also. :)

Back