I'm MAD at ya'll!!!!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Why didn't ya'll tell me about Sally's GVP line??? Whenever someone mentions GVP, it's in reference to the flatiron. I thought that was the ACTUAL name of the flatiron! :lachen: Whenever I went to Sally's, I always passed by their generic section thinking "I don't want that ol' store brand rinky-dink crap!" :lol:

I never even looked twice at the bottles. I could KICK myself!!! I did NOT know that they were knockoffs of high end salon products! :eek2:

Today I shampood with Redken's Amino Pon Extra Gentle Shampoo, Dc'd with Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm and rollerset with a leave in and Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum.... All for under $20!!!!! :grin: :yay:

And I KNOW the knockoffs are dang near identical to the originals. I know this because I have the Sebastian Potion #9 leave in, so I purchased the knockoff to compare. SAME scent, SAME texture, SAME ingredients, SAME color, SAME performance! Don't sleep on GVP, ladies! :pulpdance:

HoneyDew

Another member said that the Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm version has different ingredients.

I need to check it out for myself.

Edited to add:

Pretty close.

Sally’s GVP version:

Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Myristyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Decyl Oleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Hexyl Cinnamal, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hydrastis Canadensis (Golden Seal) Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwack) Extract, Methyl-2-Octynoate

Biolage Conditioning Balm:

Aqua Water , Propylene Glycol , Myristyl Alcohol , Cetrimonium Chloride , Cetearyl Alcohol , Decyl Oleate , Phenoxyethanol , Methylparaben , Parfum Fragrance , Propylparaben , Hexyl Cinnamal , Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract Rosemary , Hydrastis Canadensis Extract Golden Seal , Fucus Vesiculosus Bladderwrack

Last edited:

tiffers

HoneyDew, on the backs of the bottles, the ingredients for both products is listed side by side. They're exactly the same :yep:

I've never tried the original Balm, but the knockoff made my hair feel beautiful. Loves it! Maybe you could try it to compare the two and tell us all about it :D

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Who you telling, I love the GVP Nexxus line, same exact ingredients, smell, texture and performance. It was said by an employee it's the same exact thing just in a different bottle.

bermudabeauty

Poor Tiffers. Yes boo you were sleep on that. All my Nexxus and Paul Mitchell etc are the generic brand. Now that you know....Think of how much money you are going to save.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
It's alright, Tiff (pats head). We're all a little late sometimes. :grin:

But ummm ... yeah ... I'm all about the Sally's knock-offs. For example, when I say that I clarify with the Nexxus Aloe Rid, what I really mean to say is that I clarify with the Sally's knock-off of the the Nexxus Aloe Rid.

Yup. :yep:

chebaby

But ummm ... yeah ... I'm all about the Sally's knock-offs. For example, when I say that I clarify with the Nexxus Aloe Rid, what I really mean to say is that I clarify with the Sally's knock-off of the the Nexxus Aloe Rid.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:lmao. you been playing us. i wish someone would have told me. well tomorrow im off to find my know offs because some of the real ones didnt work for me so maybe the fake one will.:rolleyes:

TaraDyan

:lachen::lachen::lachen:lmao. you been playing us. i wish someone would have told me. well tomorrow im off to find my know offs because some of the real ones didnt work for me so maybe the fake one will.:rolleyes:

:lachen:I'm sowwwwy. It works so well, I just forgot it was the knock off.

tiffers

Tara! You LIED to me??? I can't believe you!!! :lachen:

So is the knockoff just like the original? How do you like Aloe Rid? If you really like it, I'll try it out. You know our hair has the same daddy :D

OT: Did I ever tell you congratulations on your bc? Your hair is gawjus!

Extremus

Really? :scratchch

I use to twist my nose up at those knock off products :rolleyes: but now I'll give them a try :grin:

TaraDyan

Tara! You LIED to me??? I can't believe you!!! :lachen:

So is the knockoff just like the original? How do you like Aloe Rid? If you really like it, I'll try it out. You know our hair has the same daddy :D

OT: Did I ever tell you congratulations on your bc? Your hair is gawjus!

:lachen:Sowwwy Tiff Tiff. Like I said above, I forgot it was the knock-off (I just don't use it that often).

Yes, I do like it a lot. It clarifies my situation nicely just like the original. If you're in the market for a good clarifier, you should give it a go.

Oh and thanks for the compliment. Talk about gawjus hair ... your hair is bangin'!!

Oh wow I shop at Sally's all the time and never noticed. I will definitely have to check this out...maybe I won't have to spend so much money on my Nexxus products.

Barbara

Princess
I would like to try other expensive products besides mine, but I rather try the generic versions. :woot:

I'll have to look into this. :yep:

Moisture2608

Well, tiffers girl, THANKS for bringing this to my attention. 'Cause I shole use to walk right past them black & white bottles.

sqzbly1908

Why didn't ya'll tell me about Sally's GVP line??? Whenever someone mentions GVP, it's in reference to the flatiron. I thought that was the ACTUAL name of the flatiron! :lachen: Whenever I went to Sally's, I always passed by their generic section thinking "I don't want that ol' store brand rinky-dink crap!" :lol:

I never even looked twice at the bottles. I could KICK myself!!! I did NOT know that they were knockoffs of high end salon products! :eek2:

Today I shampood with Redken's Amino Pon Extra Gentle Shampoo, Dc'd with Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm and rollerset with a leave in and Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum.... All for under $20!!!!! :grin: :yay:

And I KNOW the knockoffs are dang near identical to the originals. I know this because I have the Sebastian Potion #9 leave in, so I purchased the knockoff to compare. SAME scent, SAME texture, SAME ingredients, SAME color, SAME performance! Don't sleep on GVP, ladies! :pulpdance:

Tiffers - where did get the Redken Amino Pon or is it the GVP version- I thought it was discontinued (Amino Pon)

Determined22

I read somewhere that the folks who own Sally's also own Nexxus and some other lines, which is probably why the "knockoff" is exactly like the original.

From the Sally's website, sounds like there is some kind co-operative or something set up among all these companies:
Now covering most of the United States and Canada, Beauty Systems Group represents some of the industry's most important professional salon brands including Matrix, Redken, Paul Mitchell, L’Oréal Professionnel, Graham Webb, American Crew, Repêchage, Rusk, OPI and Creative Nail Design, to name just a few.

tiffers

sqzbly1908, I have the GVP version of Amino Pon. It's called Extra Gentle Shampoo. I really like it too, when I applied my conditioner after using it, my hair felt smoother and softer. My hair got softer than usual after dc'ing, too :yep: This poo is a keeper! :D

EMJazzy

Happily retired
Well well well....so my pj ways don't have to die with the economy :scratchch

Off to check out the black and white bottles :sekret:

justnotsure

You guys are hilarious!! I have the knock off brand of Nexxus products from Sally's and they are excellent!!! If you aren't on board you are crazy!! We spend too much money on our hair to be shelling out $15 for shampoo!!!

poookie

GVP is AMAZING!!!!!!!!! i love the joico k-pak reconstructor, the super skinny serum, and the humectress conditioner. in my opinion, all three smell better than the originals. :yep:

Noir

Dang i went to ulta on sat and spent $22 on the biolage hydrating balm. I didn't realise the original version and the GVP version were so similar.

Last edited:

tbaby_8

Thanks Tiffers. I always wondered if the real potion #9 and sally's potion #9 were any different. Thanks for the info. I might try it and don't have to pay full price.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i dont buy expensive salon products but maybe ill try the ones ive been wanting in the GVP line. i dont live near to a sallys though

smwrigh3

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: