i'm NATURAL with RELAXED edges. *pix*

Seriously? Have you tried wax products? That seems to make the kinkiest of kinky and the unruliest of unruly lay down.

It is the same thing :lachen::lachen::lachen:

@Myjourney2009, it's not exactly the same thing. Harry Potter's hair was unruly but it was nowhere near kinky.

I also knew a kid who had a lock that used to stand up instead of lying down or following a pattern that matched the rest. It was the unruliest of unruly, so to speak, but it was definitely not the kinkiest of the kinky or even kinky at all. I do realize they could mean the same thing but they are not mutually inclusive.

Last edited:
I used to relax my edges when I was younger. I hated the fuzzy halo I had. After a while, I did get some breakage. Now I just use butters and a scarf to tame the edges - at least for a while. At the end of the day, they're peeking through anyhow.

thanks for the info ladies!! I will look into the edge stick but my hair was fine with relaxers but it hates heat, thats my only problem. I will try some other products as my NG kicks in. I dont want to buy a whole thing of relaxer just for my egdes but I also dont want to waste money on products that probably wont work. I'm not a PJ at all lol

I know what you mean, but I personally would've never done this, at some point my hair was laying down neatly and then on the other hand, I stopped caring about it laying down like it was straight hair...because it isn't. Water + conditioner+ denman brush always seems to work for me.

Maybe when your new growth comes in you can consider this (see pic). It's called the Edge Stick. i haven't used it but i might try it. it's kind of expensive since it's essentially a hot comb for your edges but it will help you maintain your look w/out having to continue perming. i dunno what would be least damaging tho...
Didn't know about this. I'll check it out.

OP, do you have a pic of your edges before. It looks great right now but doesn't look that different from many naturals.

^^I'm sure I have a pic some were In my first BC post and in the 4a natural pic thread. I LOVE natural hair but edges that look like a puppy chewed on them is not whats cute...i have 4b patches in the front sides of my hair and I embrace those so its not me texture hating....I just like to look neat.

I guess it's to late for suggestions. For anyone else who's having problems. The coarsest part of my hair is my sides. Water and eco sytler do the trick.[/QUOTE]

This works for me as well. I just add a lil gel to damp edges and the use the scarf method to set them.

I wouldn't be able to tell you relaxed the edges, OP. So it turned out great. I don't forsee this ultimately having a happy ending in the long run, though.

Raw, 100% shea butter and a satin scarf does it for me. Lay my hair down flat as a pancake. Ecostyler Olive Oil is no joke either!

Organic root stimulator edge control.\, and heat once a month after my wash and deep condition tames my 4b edges.

:peek:
These are some awesome recommendations for edge control products!!:grin:
I was just talking to a friend about experimenting to lay these burdens (edges) down...off to buy murrays, eco styler, mango butter, beeswax..:lachen:

Interesting. My daughter has 4b edges that NEVER stay down. I've used almost everything suggested here and at best I get 2-3 hours of hold. After that? The 4b Halo is back. At this point I'm ready to just let her rock cornrows everyday and be done with it.

I use ecostyler argan oil, little aloe vera gel, and castor oil to keep my edges tamed...works great.

This works wonders for me. I have mini afro edges and whenever I wear my hair pulled back that combo keeps them smooth for the entire day. :yep:

Ladies where do you buy this Eco Styler Gel? I keep hearing about it but I've never seen it in the stores, I looked at Walgreens yesterday... is it only sold at BSS?

That edge stick looks cool too. I only use heat once or twice a year but getting those edges is hard.

Back