Im new

candychild45

Hey , Im new here but I have got to say how much I love this board. It is so informative and helpful.

I just started following the bargello regime(modified) and I hope to see some results. I have a question though, I cut my hair in August and for the most part its ok but the front of my hair seems to be breaking rapidly, what can I do to stop it?

NAY007

hey and welcome to the board /images/graemlins/clap.gif!

what is your hair regimen right now and what are your goals? from what i understood one of them would be to stop the breakage. when did this start? is your hair relaxed or natural, is it bleached or colored? all these things could be a reason for the breakage. so let us know and then maybe we can give some advice or ideas.
nay /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

candychild45

Well, I have to admit Ive been treating my hair pretty horrible for a while. As to my hair regimen, Ive been washing it and treating it every two weeks but im going to start going every week, so that i can keep moisture in my hair as it is very dry. I went to the hair supply store and stocked up on products today, I bout aphogee eving primrose oil shampoo, diez en uno and ors hair mayo for a deep treatment. My goal is to have healthy thick shoulder length hair by the end of the year. I hope i can do it

candychild45

The breakage in my hair started sometime last year like in june, my hair is relaxed but I put braids in every few weeks or so to give it a break.

LondonDiva

Welcome to the board Candychild.

Motions CPR is a good product for breakage, as well as Nexxus Keraphix and Aphogee treatment. All of which have good reviews on the board. I've used the 1st and 3rd that i mentioned and I prefer the Motions CPR. With the Aphogee I have to condition again with a moisturising conditioner and it's too time consuming to get it to harden with the dryer as well.

candychild45

I looked at that aphrogee treatment but got turned off when it said it makes your hair extremely hard. I found that weird and dint wanna try in case my hair stylist got dumb and tried to comb my hair with it in. Have you tried their primrose oil shampoo?

ms_kenesha

Welcome to the forum! /images/graemlins/clap.gif
Do you know why the front of your hair is breaking? Chemical damage, tension, heat damage, etc???? If you can answer that I can give you a better answer. I know that when my hair was breaking ORS carrot oil (on damp hair) was a God send.

candychild45

It could be stress and the fact that the area where it is breaking is proned to some srious dandruff but it can also be that I just was not taking care of my hair at all except for when i made that visit to the hair dresser. I do use ors carrot oil and it is good, Ive noticed a difference since I started, My hair is not as dry

NAY007

i'm with ms kenesha, carrot oil is great.

do a hot oil treatment once a week

do wash your hair about twice a week (give it a try you can always stop if your hair don't like it)

do leave your conditioners after washing in your hair as long as possible (unless it is a protein treatment)\

do the same with the hot oil-as long as possible.

drink lots of water.

give conditioner washes a try

i did not mean to bark these commands /images/graemlins/band.gif
i just wrote down what popped in my head.
soon you will find a hair care routine that will work great for you /images/graemlins/smile.gif, especially being here on the board.
nay

candychild45

I wish I could do the twice a week thing but with my schedule that is an impossibility and i refuse to wash my hair myself b/c when i do its a big ball of frizz and its just way too thick to manage

ms_kenesha

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
candychild45 said:
I wish I could do the twice a week thing but with my schedule that is an impossibility and i refuse to wash my hair myself b/c when i do its a big ball of frizz and its just way too thick to manage

[/ QUOTE ]
When you wash it what products do you use on it and what is your drying/styling method? I'd suggest a rollerset (even though I've been lazy about doing my own) or you might want to try a braidout.

pebbles

Hi Candychild45,

Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Don't shy away from the Aphogee. It's really very good. It gets hard because after you apply it to your hair, you have to sit under the dryer and let it dry, then you wash it off. It is not meant to be combed through while it is in your hair and hard. It's a good, strong protein treatment.
You can always try the Motions CPR. At any rate, I would definately do a protein treatment to help stop the breakage. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hairfanatic

Hi Candychild45,

Welcome to the forum! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Like LondonDiva mentioned...Aphogee saved me many times from hair loss when I was relaxed. Your idea about increasing your washes to once a week may help also. Get you a good reconstructor and moisturizer also to rebuild the hair again. Also, if you are blowdrying, switch to roller setting or letting your hair dry naturally. John Carusso rollers work really great if you let your hair dry naturally. I used to roller set my hair and oppose to getting under the dryer, I would let my hair dry naturally within the roller.

candychild45

Ive been using ors uplifting shampoo for a while and its helped but not as much as I would like and my hair dresser, usually combas my hair out and I sit under the dryer and let it dry or roller set depending on the style i plan on getting