*****Hey Im new to the board*******

mirrormirror

Hey everyone Im new to the board and Im looking forward to posting. I really like this board, theres tons of advice on here. Im 21 yearsold and live in Maryland.So here is my hair bio. I have medium brown shoulder lenghth 3c hair. I get my hair relaxed (Affirm) about every 3-4 months. Every week I go to Luisa's hair salon (it's a Dominican salon) for a wash, deep condition and roller wrap. They only use products from the Dominican Republic. I do not use any heat on my hair, that means no flat iron, no curling iron, no blow dryer etc, and Ive maintained this for about 3 years and I will continue to do so. And I do not color my hair. I am really into healthy hair. The only oil I use on my hair is 100% pure Jojoba oil. I take Ultra evening primrose oil 1300mg capsules every day.

BlkMane

Hi, Mirrormirror!! Welcome to the board. You'll gain tons of knowledge, just try not to become a PJ (product junkie) like the rest of us! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

What are your hair goals?

mirrormirror

Thanks Blkmane. My hair goal is to have longer hair. I dont plan on ever cutting my hair, Always having long hair is my goal. Oh yeah and keeping it healthy.

Jade21

Welcome, Mirrormirror!

I hope you enjoy your time here. It's a great place /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I am a huge fan of jojoba oil myself....especially for my ends /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Happy Holidays,

Jade

NAY007

hey mirrormirror,

i love this board too, everybody here really keeps you motivated so you will achieve your goal, no matter what it is.
i am also very into healthy hair and try to do as less as possible to it. i usually let my hair air dry but once or twice a month i HAVE to blow dry my hair. i just love the straight/wavy bouncy look.
do you think the jojoba oil is better than the olive oil for hot oil treatments??

pebbles

Welcome mirrormirror! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

From what you wrote, it sounds like your hair is in excellent shape. I too have completely eliminated heat from my hair regime and it has done my hair a lot of good.

LondonDiva

Welcome to the board mirrormirror. You've got off to a great start with your regimen by the sounds of it.

Good Luck with your hair goals.

Ennyaa

Hmph!! As a card carrying PJ I object to that warning! lol
Just kidding. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Welcome Mirror

mirrormirror

Hey Nay I beleive Jojoba oil is better for the hair because it is the closest oil to your scalp sebum, the oil your hair naturally produces. Olive oil is a very heavy oil, it's really for extremely dry/damaged hair. Ive never done a hot oil treatment, so I dont really know what the differences would be. I like Jojoba oil cause its not greasy, it doesn't cause build up, doesn't wont weigh your hair down, it doesn't clog your scalp and its moisturizing at the same time.

Robin41

Welcome, MM. You will absolutely love this board - these girls know hair!

How I wish I could completely eliminate the use of heat on my hair ... (sigh) Keep up the good work.

sweetcocoa

Welcome. I've been thinking about buying some jojoba oil lately. After reading your post I'm gonna buy some. I think it would be excellent as an hot ouil treatment. Thanks and once again...welcome! Oh yea....I'm a card carrying PJ too.