I'm not fully natural...

Chocolatelove2010

A few years ago I tested a telaxer on my hair. I really hated how it came out because I lost a lot of thickness blah blah.. so I never had it again. I didn't know the term 'transitioning' yada yada. And just assumed that because I only tried it once, and not again, I'm still a natural head. :lachen: That's as silly as a person who says I only had sex once how am I pregnant?

My friend who was the one who told me to telax after she had it... told me.. 'oh after a couple of times washing it, your hair returns to how it was' that's where I got the idea that you just wash it out. All I just noticed was my hair was not bone straight anymore, which was a good thing in my eyes because I hated it. I just thought 'oh the telaxer is wearing out.. woo hoo''.. 'not my hair is growing out.' But my hair isn't as thick as it used to be.. so I'm wondering if I'm still transitioning or just heat damaged, because I used to straighten it a lot.

I've had trims and I've done chops but now I've seen other pics I'm not sure if I'm fully natural :ohwell:

I've gone through some old pics.. and found one (it's not that clear) but you can see how my hair was BEFORE I put a texturiser in it. The style was very simple I just washed it and put some gel on the back and pinned it up lol. (Old school... I'm not that good at styles)

I've decided not to do a big chop but take this progress slowly, and just get rid of any ends I think are still telaxed. Damn this is confusing.. it's hard for me to tell where it starts, and where it ends.

Thanks for reading, and if you have any tips. Especially ladies who are transitioning.. please do share.

Last edited:

Chocolatelove2010

P.s I was ignorant to the damages caused by this chemical, and because I saw my hair returning to some volume, I assumed I was 'washing' the chemicals out :wallbash: (Yeah my ignorance about my hair reached the moon I think) :lachen:

This is embarassing.. but at the same time I'm happy I've learnt all of this in the space of a week. Also the 1 week I've been conditioning, conditioning, conditioning... and moisturising, moisturising, moisturising... I've seen new growth. :grin:

Love this place. :dance7:

Nayna

Unbothered
4 years ago? And you've done trims and BC's? If it has been drastic cuts then maybe it is all gone and your texture changed when you began caring for it.

Do you see a distinct difference from let's say the first two to three inches of hair compared to the ends?

LaFemmeNaturelle

I think after 4 years it has all grown out by now if you have an average growth rate and your hair isnt WL or longer. As said above, you should also be able to notice a diff in texture...and even that might not be accurate if you've been using heat.

Ijanei

Don't feel too slow, I used to think the same thing, that after enough washes, you were washing the perm out :lachen:. My ignorance at the time (this was years ago) :nono:

lilsparkle825

I thought your other thread said you did it a few weeks ago....or am I confusing you with someone else? In any event, if it was four years ago and you noticed a different texture, you could have heat damage or something. Like LFN said, once it grows out, that's it....

Last edited:

Chocolatelove2010

UPDATE

I just washed my hair, very puffy. Maybe I Just 2nd guessed myself because I felt silly to not know my hair had to 'grow out' .. instead the whole time I thought I was washing the chemical out, and that just caused me some confusion.Your responses have assured me that unless my hair hasn't grown for 4 years lol... I should be free of the chemical. Makes sense :grin:

Last edited: