I'm officially transitioning...*gulp*

Congrats :D!!!!!!! You will do fine just take your time :) !!!

And hey... looks like you're not doing it by yourself... as someone said above,
there's plenty of people around to help and encourage you.

:dance7:

Janet' said:
Congratulations :D

check out my fotki album (I am about 6 months into my transition)
password in profile
http://public.fotki.com/ATLPeach/

I checked out your album. You're making the transition look easy. What I'm finding is that the Long Aid Curl Activator is VERY moisturizing. I may just be able to transition for the long haul! I think I am a little less afraid of the TWA now though...especially with the prospect of color and highlights. Much luck on your journey!

Netta1 said:
Of course you can pull off a twa, I have yet to see ANYBODY that couldn't. There is NOTHING like the freedom of rocking your own crown and there is so much variety with nappy hair, just wait you'll see. It does not matter what texture your hair is going to be, because you will learn to work with, and love what you have...(Whoopi has beautiful hair by the way). One thing that you will have to do when you become natural is TRANSITION IN THE MIND, and sometimes this takes time. Its such an exciting journey filled with both highs and lows...But more highs once you learn to accept your hair for what it is and what its was made to be...can God make a mistake???? I think not ;0).

Transition in the mind...that's going to be a hard one! Obviously, very important but nonetheless difficult. Very inspirational post. Thank you.

And thank you to the additional ladies who chimed in with support. It really can't be done without it. Thank you so much!

OT: Kristina, there is something SO expressive about your mouth. I'm such a mouth person. Anyway, your look is very unique. I love it and your big, natural hair. Gotta love some big hair. *wink*

Leshia said:
I checked out your album. You're making the transition look easy. What I'm finding is that the Long Aid Curl Activator is VERY moisturizing. I may just be able to transition for the long haul! I think I am a little less afraid of the TWA now though...especially with the prospect of color and highlights. Much luck on your journey!
Thanks Leshia,

I'm hourly adding new pics in between work :). Transitioning for me has been a great experience so far. Because I plan to transition for as long as possible, then I look at this as an opportunity to learn more about myself, my likes and dislikes. I don't think that I've played in my hair this much since I was a young girl. If you ever need support, feel free to p.m. me...

jainygirl said:
Congrats on your decision :bouncy:. You'll be just fine :). -- jainygirl

Thanks Jainygirl! I'm a bit afraid, but we'll see what I've been hiding under the relaxed hair, right? *trembling*

Your siggy is so right. My husband sometimes says, it's just a year. I'm like, A lot can happen in a year! Heck, a lot can happen in a WEEK! Praise God.

Back