I'm Ready to Just Give Up

cocosweet

Trying to style my hair with curling irons. I just bought the first curling iron I've owned in years and curled my hair. Half an hour after I curled it, half of the curls are already drooping. I sprayed it with anti humidity hairspray and my ends frizzed up more!:wallbash:

My hair is thick in volume but my individual strands are fine. My hair is natural. The last time I got it pressed at a salon, there was a section of hair that I literally watched revert before eyes. This was after being subjected to a stove top flat iron and marcel wax!

Is there anything I can do to make my curls hold?

tschizum

Don't give up your find something that works for your hair. My hair wil also will not hold a curl until I started using tips from this site. I love my caruso's ( but I have to leave them in for 2 hours to dry) also bantu knots or pincurls whatever the are, work really well for my hair I just let it set overnight and I have beautiful curls for at least two days. Don't get discouraged!

cocosweet

Thank You.
Hmmm... I did have some Carusos which worked nicely for me. I can't find my set since I've moved. I'll probably have to buy a new set plus some extra rollers. I was trying to avoid that.

ETA-- After reading the fine hair sticky I'm thinking maybe my strands aren't fine after all. One thing I know for sure is that they do not want to hold curls.

Last edited:

zzirvingj

I am also interested to know what naturals do to hold curls in their hair after it's been pressed. Last time I had it pressed my curls did not last 5 MINUTES. I am not lying to you....I had chin length curly bouncy hair, and 5 minutes later after paying, walking to my car, and getting inside the car, it had already fallen FLAT to my shoulders----no more curls. :ohwell:

I should have gone back inside so they could have seen it. They didn't use anything on my hair to even try to hold the curls.