I'm shedding all over the place...HELP

motherx2esq

I am having a big problem with shedding.:( I have no idea how to stop this. I am a newbie and any help would a blessing! Thank you ladies!

1. it could be the relaxer. you could be overprocessed. did you relax recently? was your last relaxer stretch short?

2. do you moisturize every day? dry hair can lead to shedding

3. are you using products with protein? too much protein always leads to shedding

WELL THEY SAY SHEDDING IS SOMTHING THAT CANNOT BE STOOPED BUT IT CAN BE CURBED. I WILL PERSONALLY BE MAKING MY OWN GARLIC HAIR TREATMENT, WHICH GARLIC IS SUPPOSED TO CURB SHEDDING.

ALSO I BELIEVE MY AMLA/VATIKA HAIR OIL SISTERS MAY SHED SOME LIGHT ON CURBING SHEDDING.

ARE YOU TAKING VITAMINS?

Ladies, let's not forget that this time of the year everyone's prone to excessive shedding. This is seasonal because of the change in weather, there are alot of thread on here on how to curb it.

goldensensation said:
Is it shedding or breakage?

*off topic* how did I let u get past me...Your hair is BEAUTIFUL....running to view your fotki......:grin:

I'm back....You didn't get past me...I remember your album....so many beautiful heads I can't keep up...but I never forget a head of hair...

Last edited:
Thank you all for responding.

Yes it is shedding and not breaking.

I relaxed almost 2 weeks ago. I had just as much shedding pre relaxer. I do not think my products have to much protein in them but I need to take a look at them.

I take Hair, Nail and Skin supplements, Flaxseed Oil and MSM powder.

I coated my already relaxed hair with olive oil and I did not apply relaxer to already relaxed hair.

I think I will try the garlic conditioner. nomoweavesfome can you please share your mixture ingredients with me? Thank you agian ladies.

Oh I forgot my prior relaxer was in June, the first week and I relaxed again the end of August. So about 10 to 12 weeks.

tsmith said:
*off topic* how did I let u get past me...Your hair is BEAUTIFUL....running to view your fotki......:grin:

I'm back....You didn't get past me...I remember your album....so many beautiful heads I can't keep up...but I never forget a head of hair...

Thanks, Tsmith! :blush:

I did this, I made the homemade garlic treatment, and it worked wonders for me, today I had my first shedding in a week, and it was only ONE YES ONE!!! piece of hair, I was actually happy to see it. I did the treatment saturday and slept in with it till sunday, boy the smell was awfull but it was worth it:D

nomoweavesfome said:
WELL THEY SAY SHEDDING IS SOMTHING THAT CANNOT BE STOOPED BUT IT CAN BE CURBED. I WILL PERSONALLY BE MAKING MY OWN GARLIC HAIR TREATMENT, WHICH GARLIC IS SUPPOSED TO CURB SHEDDING.

ALSO I BELIEVE MY AMLA/VATIKA HAIR OIL SISTERS MAY SHED SOME LIGHT ON CURBING SHEDDING.

ARE YOU TAKING VITAMINS?

Saida said:
I did this, I made the homemade garlic treatment, and it worked wonders for me, today I had my first shedding in a week, and it was only ONE YES ONE!!! piece of hair, I was actually happy to see it. I did the treatment saturday and slept in with it till sunday, boy the smell was awfull but it was worth it:D

what is your garlic treatment? i made one too but shedding has remained pretty bad. it'll slack up for a day or so and then it kicks back in full fledged. my shedding is when i do my comb out after washing. i won't lose that much in the shower but once i'm done and using my jilbere comb to comb out, i'll have hair all over my hands.

Butterfly30 said:
The Nutrine Garlic shampoo and the Alter ego Garlic treatment is awesome for shedding hair.

funny the last time i used alter ego..my hair shed even more..maybe i'll tryi it again

Back