I'm sick of hard roller-sets! Ladies...what roller-setting concoction do you use??

Crystalicequeen123

My stylist is killing me with her hard roller sets! I like softer, bouncy, full curls in my hair. I don't like hair so hard after a roller set, that you can almost cut your finger on a strand of hair. :nono:

But it seems like most stylist use setting lotions or setting sprays that make the hair hard!

I'm going to attempt to roller-set my own hair sometime soon, but I'm wondering what do YOU ladies use to rollerset your hair?? Or, if your stylist does nice (soft) roller sets, what does she use?

I'm just curious, because I think my hair looks and feels better after a softer roller-set. Plus, I dont' have to worry about my hair snapping and breaking while trying to style or finger comb it.

I've used plain olive oil & water in the past, and while this gave my hair a nice bouncy set, it didn't last too long. :ohwell: What can I use?? Foam? Spray? Lotion?? Which brands are good? Maybe I could suggest it to my stylist. :giggle:

crlsweetie912

Re: I'm sick of hard roller-sets! Ladies...what roller-setting concoction do you use?

My stylist is killing me with her hard roller sets! I like softer, bouncy, full curls in my hair. I don't like hair so hard after a roller set, that you can almost cut your finger on a strand of hair. :nono:

But it seems like most stylist use setting lotions or setting sprays that make the hair hard!

I'm going to attempt to roller-set my own hair sometime soon, but I'm wondering what do YOU ladies use to rollerset your hair?? Or, if your stylist does nice (soft) roller sets, what does she use?

I'm just curious, because I think my hair looks and feels better after a softer roller-set. Plus, I dont' have to worry about my hair snapping and breaking while trying to style or finger comb it.

I've used plain olive oil & water in the past, and while this gave my hair a nice bouncy set, it didn't last too long. :ohwell: What can I use?? Foam? Spray? Lotion?? Which brands are good? Maybe I could suggest it to my stylist. :giggle:
add the oil and water with a bit of lottabody! Works for me EVERY TIME!

charmtreese

Re: I'm sick of hard roller-sets! Ladies...what roller-setting concoction do you use?

I alwalys get soft rollersets with the following combination of products

Ojon Revitalizing mist- I use this to detangle with
CHI silk infusion- I apply a dime size of this to already detangled hair
Spray Bottle (water/WEN Fig/couple of drops of grapeseed or jojoba oil)- I spray this to keep hair moist while rollersetting.

Great results every time!!!!

Crystalicequeen123

Thanks ladies! :D :up:

I'll have to try these suggestions!

OneInAMillion

I use plenty of water and a drop of leave-in, either Salerm or Sedal. Less is best when you want a soft rollerset.

Isis

After applying my leave-in to all of my hair, I don't use anything else except a little water. My rollersets are always bouncy, soft and moisturized. :) Oil is not necessary, by the way, and can weigh your hair down.

InnerSoul

When I was relaxed and did my own rollersets, I kept my hair wet with a water spray bottle and then I sprayed a little Pro-line Setting spray in my hair. I always came out with soft rollersets.

TrendySocialite

I use oil, water, aloe vera juice in my mix. Mine don't last the longest either, but I'm used to rolling my hair nightly. When I want a bit longer of a hold, I use a setting foam. Up until now, I used Motions. That worked well.

Last week my stylist set my hair and it was the prettiest and bounciest EVER! And I'm 8 weeks post relaxer. It is this product:

You can purchase it online....
http://www.chapmanproducts.com/retail/nairobir.htm

HTH!!!!!!

TrendySocialite

BTW, the Nairobi is a professional product...so your stylist should be able to get it.

Transformer

After applying my leave-in to all of my hair, I don't use anything else except a little water. My rollersets are always bouncy, soft and moisturized. :) Oil is not necessary, by the way, and can weigh your hair down.

Ditto! I use the same method!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.

After I wash and dc, I spray my hair with a leave in, right now I'm using Green Grape Mist from shescentit. After I spray, I apply a little serum to my hair. I've used Chi SI, Fantasia IC Olive Oil, Fantasia IC Heat Protectant, Garnier Anti Frizz and BioSilk Silk Therapy--all with good results

While I'm rollersetting, I spray my hair with a water and oil mix. I've used coconut and meadowfoam oil with good results. In my 8 oz spray bottle, I put about 3 tablespoons of oil.

My hair comes out extremely moisturized, bouncy and soft :yep:

Last edited:

Caramela

Paul Mitchell Foaming Pomade will give the softest sets with the best hold.

SparklingFlame

I cant use setting lotion. Well let me take that back. Lotta Botty is a no no for me. It dries my hair out too bad. I just use Lacio Lacio nd some Fantasia Frizz buster. Sometimes I use Chi Silk Infusion and the Frizz Buster. My curls last for days, especially when I pin curl it at night.

Energist

infusium 23, lacio lacio, chi silk serum

Tootuff

I do this but I do put a little coconut oil on my hair after it's dry. It doesn't weigh my hair down.

amber815

I use fermodyl 619 then rusk smoother leave in. In my spray bottle to keep my hair wet I have water, SAA, Honeyquat, broccoli seed oil, and elasta h-two

prospurr4

I totally agree.

princezz

nexxus headress is all you need.:yep:

SouthernTease

Salerm & Water
Lacio Lacio & Water
Giovanni Direct Leave In & Water
Water & Water :grin:

chellero

Wife Supremacist

A little bit of leave in conditioner (whichever one my hand touches first when I reach under the sink) and water.

janaq2003

add the oil and water with a bit of lottabody! Works for me EVERY TIME!

This is exactly what I do! Lottabody,h20 a little EVOO and voila! Extra soft rollerset. Oh, I only use flexirods for my sets ( sleep in them overnight)