I'm so INSPIRED to do this hairstyle.......

caribgirl

Again :lachen::lachen::lachen:!

Ok, I never did it but I posted the youtube link for the hair tutorial by Johnny Lavoy several months ago. I know some of the ladies here actually tried it as well :yep: and got lovely results!!

So I was watching it again and I noticed this response to the hair tutorial (see link below). Please check it out!!! She did an excellent job on mimicking the hairstyle.
To rescue my tresses from the heat, I would do this style right after a roller set and forgo the curling iron (as if we LHCFers use those anymore :look:).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ygoghCy2qKc

caribgirl

She is very pretty and I do agree with StillaLady - the music is so fun and upbeat for each tutorial.

Harmony0221

OH WOW HER HAIR IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I THINK I JUST HAD A HAIRGASM FOR REAL.... I really like this style.. I wonder if I could try this on my natural hair... hmm..

caribgirl

OH WOW HER HAIR IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I THINK I JUST HAD A HAIRGASM FOR REAL.... I really like this style.. I wonder if I could try this on my natural hair... hmm..

I'm sure you could Harmony! Your hair is lovely, btw. Rep this style for the natchel sistas :grin:!

MissMusic

ITA ladies!! :grin:

BTW, MCrzyGr- Your hair looks like BSL in your avi- Did you reach your goal?

Some of my hair is touching BSL and lots is not, so I'm still hoping to reach the goal of most of my hair at BSL by the end of June. Your hair is so healthy, luv the bling! Thanks for asking.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I tried this out a while back but my hair is nowhere near as long or as thick as the model. I sent the youtube video link to a friend and she is planning to wear this style for her wedding in a few weeks :)
http://public.fotki.com/regswife/my-attempt-at-an-updo/

Wow, your hair came out beautiful! I love it! Girl, why'd you take it down? It looked so good!!!

Carib, go for it! I'll bet it'll come out so pretty and shiny! (and I wanna see pics :grin: )

naturalmanenyc

Wow, your hair came out beautiful! I love it! Girl, why'd you take it down? It looked so good!!!

Carib, go for it! I'll bet it'll come out so pretty and shiny! (and I wanna see pics :grin: )

Thank you. I did not think it was full enough to leave it pinned up. Plus I had no place to go but to bed. :lachen:

caribgirl

I agree with Tiffers! Reg wife, your hair looked soooo pretty and your thickness is perfect for this style!! Beautiful results!!!

Thanks Tiff!! I'm going to try it soon!!! I will def. take pics- I have no shame in my game (see my fotki for proof, :lachen:).

naturalmanenyc

Oooh,pls post pics of her hair! I'm sure it will look beautiful!

She used this style. It was done a bit differently to fit the headpiece; no side waves.

Attachments

• hairstyle - back.jpg
    hairstyle - back.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 4
  • hairstyle - back close up.jpg
    hairstyle - back close up.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 4
  • hairstyle - back with headpiece.jpg
    hairstyle - back with headpiece.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 3