Im so mad...i had to cut another two inches off!

MrsBKJ

Ok I thought I was doing quite well...i know and most of you know that i have dry hair with stupid ends that have a mind of their own and just frizzle and dry!
i was really close to waist length i think and now ive had to cut off another two inches becuase of my ends.
They are really making me mad because i am losing my goal...i can get the growth i just cant keep the length
Can anybody help at all?
i have tried the baggie method but it just makes my hair fall out...does anybody have an alternative to it?
Id really appreciate any advice/help/guidance/pair or super sharp scissors

aarrgghh

Thanks

I know how you feel with the frustration. Dry ends can be so annoying. Do you ever conditioner wash? Or try putting your ess. oils or moisturizer when the hair is damp after washing?

I know that Nexxus Therappee helped my dry ends when I first began, you may just need to change your shampoo especially if it's not a moisturizing one. Also, what are you using as a daily moisturizer?

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to this board...well actually, I've been lurking since Feb. 06. I've been kinda shy so I haven't posted.

So, I would just like to say Hello and Thank You to everyone for helping me reach my hair goals and I would also like to post a comment.

RachiQue, I have very dry ends as well...what has helped me is moisturizing every night with a cream based moisturizer and sealing with some type of oil, and covering with a satin scarf every night before bed. Also, I'm using the crown and glory technique (braiding it up in box braids) until I reach my goal of mid-back.

tbhomes2003 said:
Hello Everyone!

I'm new to this board...well actually, I've been lurking since Feb. 06. I've been kinda shy so I haven't posted.

So, I would just like to say Hello and Thank You to everyone for helping me reach my hair goals and I would also like to post a comment.

RachiQue, I have very dry ends as well...what has helped me is moisturizing every night with a cream based moisturizer and sealing with some type of oil, and covering with a satin scarf every night before bed. Also, I'm using the crown and glory technique (braiding it up in box braids) until I reach my goal of mid-back.

Welcome to the forum and dont be shy. ;)

EMJazzy said:
How did the baggie method make your hair fall out?? :confused:

I am curious about this too.

Keep your hair and moisturize it. keep the heat out.

RachiQue said:
Ok I thought I was doing quite well...i know and most of you know that i have dry hair with stupid ends that have a mind of their own and just frizzle and dry!
i was really close to waist length i think and now ive had to cut off another two inches becuase of my ends.
They are really making me mad because i am losing my goal...i can get the growth i just cant keep the length
Can anybody help at all?
i have tried the baggie method but it just makes my hair fall out...does anybody have an alternative to it?
Id really appreciate any advice/help/guidance/pair or super sharp scissors

aarrgghh

Thanks
Have you tried the baggie just at night? What products were/are you using? Do you have any pics?

Thanks you guys for your support.
welcome tbhomes!! thats good advice i may try that actually.
I do wear a satin scarf at night and have a silk pillow case.
The baggie made my hair fall out im not sure why but i think it was because it was damp most of the time all i can think is it weakened my hair i have tried it different ways but with not good results
ive tried so many different shampoos and conditioners and the thing that gets me is the rest of my hair is totally ok just the damn raggedy ends so i cant figure out what it is i use slik scrunchies and scunci clips but im just at a dead loss.
i use ego boost split mender, then some coconut oil and i use humectress as a leave in then bun up and i conditioner wash a few times a week
i thought it was the way i bun my hair but i even changed that
so im lost beacuse they dont split they just frizzle and dry

I thought i had all the bases covered and could get to waist length this year but im losing hope on that fast

Thanks to everyone for your support i feel better actually having vented
i love u guys....*hug*

Don't feel bad, you're not alone. I had to cut over two inches off because my hair grew in uneven or it broke off.....don't know which one yet. This is the third time I've had to do this so I'm seriously trying to analyze this problem. The right side of my hair always grows so much longer and it's like the left isn't even growing.

Pokahontas said:
Don't feel bad, you're not alone. I had to cut over two inches off because my hair grew in uneven or it broke off.....don't know which one yet. This is the third time I've had to do this so I'm seriously trying to analyze this problem. The right side of my hair always grows so much longer and it's like the left isn't even growing.

Thanks for the support girlie
Ive resigned myself to the fact that it wont be growing much longer
thanks

RachiQue said:
Thanks for the support girlie
Ive resigned myself to the fact that it wont be growing much longer
thanks
Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing. I think I can at least get my two inches back plus an extra inch hopefully *crosses fingers*.

Just a thought but have you thought about cutting back the co-washes. I seriously think this is the culprit to my recent lack of length and they are not moisturizing for my hair at all. I was washing/co-washing more than usual this summer (twice a week sometimes when normally I wash bi-weekly) and I saw very little growth so I'm thinking I manipulated it more than my hair can stand. I'm planning on keeping my hair straight for a while so I can watch it closer and wash bi-weekly like I normally do.

Pokahontas said:
Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing. I think I can at least get my two inches back plus an extra inch hopefully *crosses fingers*.

Just a thought but have you thought about cutting back the co-washes. I seriously think this is the culprit to my recent lack of length and they are not moisturizing for my hair at all. I was washing/co-washing more than usual this summer (twice a week sometimes when normally I wash bi-weekly) and I saw very little growth so I'm thinking I manipulated it more than my hair can stand. I'm planning on keeping my hair straight for a while so I can watch it closer and wash bi-weekly like I normally do.
HHmmm never thought of that I may give that a try too
I'll give anything a try right now, i was thinking of just leaving it alone for a week or so at a time to see what happened too
thanks

Back