Yeahh, So, I Chopped Off 12 Inches... (pics)

NaturalShe94

Hey everyone,
Just a little background...

So I left the site for a few months, had something very important going on starting around mid/end July, which didn't end until November 1st.
After that I decided to cut my hair. Which was November 24th (Thanksgivimg) I cut it to SL from WL. It wasnt something I even thought about, it was a spur of the moment, I took up my scissors (hair scissors of course) and just started cutting. My ends were so dry, I just got fed up. Plus I don't know the exact growth rate of my hair so cutting it gives me a fresh start.
Anywho, I measured my hair after the cut, the back was at 8 inches and the front was at 11 inches... Now, today, April 9th, I measure the back at 12 inches and the front at 15.5 inches... That's pretty damn fast if you ask me... So tell me why in the WORLD have I not reached my goal a long time ago??? MUST BE length retention problems right? So this is my opportunity to make sure I do a much better job at focusing on length retention rather than growth to reach my goals faster. Also the months of Jan and Feb, I fell off my regular regimen, but I didn't do anything damaging, just kept my hair protected, and kind of forgetting to take my vitamins, but since March started I've been consistent again. Lol.
Anywho the pics below are pics of my hair before I cut it, the day after I cut it and then another one is the current length now.... Sorry, don't really have anyone to take a pic from behind....

So, I was at WL, then cut to SL (pic with purple shirt) now I'm right there grazing BSL (pic with red/black dress) hoping to reach WL again by at least August. Don't want to make the post any longer so any questions about my regimen or supplements, let me know!
IMG_1250.JPG IMG_1254.JPG IMG_1255.JPG

Edit: Finally got a pic of my current length from the back
IMG_1282.JPG

Last edited:

NaturalShe94

Wow. We're basically the same length. I just cut my hair from midback to apl... I need help with retention..

I would love to know your regimen !! Your hair looks so healthy and beautiful. Please post :thankyou:

Thank you,
And sure!
I realize my hair amazes me the more I let it be. With that being said, here is my regimen...

-Every Sunday I wash and Condition with OGX Coconut Milk shampoo/conditioner. Then moisturize with Olive Miracle Anti-breakage Moisturizer lotion then seal with Olive Miracle Anti-breakage Growth Oil. Then plait it in 4 if I'm staying in the house all day or I'll do one plait at the back and roll in it a bun if I'm going on the road.
-Every OTHER Sunday after a regular wash/condition with OGX, I'll deep condition with Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen, Grow & Restore Hair Masque for 45 mins under my dryer.
-I rotate every two days between water washing and co-washing. I usually will water wash on Wed night and Co-wash with Suave Essentials Coconut Oil Conditioner on Friday nights.
-I hot oil treat once a month with Parashute Ayurvedic Coconut Hot Oil once a month. I also barely do protein treatments, only if I see my hair becoming weak or I see a lot of breakage going on... I last did a protein treatment in November, I haven't needed one again since then.
-I rub DooGro Megathick Growth Oil on my scalp and hair after water washing once a week as well. (I had stopped doing this for about 2 months, but I've started back again).

Styling/Exceptions/Supplements etc.
-My everyday style is mostly a Wash n' Go. After about day 3, I'll do a bun, or high curly ponytail. I mostly use Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Leave In Conditioner for styling.
-There are some weeks where I don't co-wash or water wash, this would be because I have done a style in my hair that is lasting most of the week (twist out, braid out, finger coils, etc). So if a style lasts until Friday or Saturday, I won't water/co wash, I'll just sprit some some water in my hair and throw it in a low bun until Sunday (wash day) or wear the style until Sunday.
-I sleep either in a Satin Bonnet or on a Satin Pillowcase every night.
-I take Nature Bountys Hair Skin & Nails Extra Strength twice a day as my multi vitamin and now I've added Curls Blissful Lengths Liquid Vitamin to that which I take once every morning. (Tried Hairfinity, made me nauseous. I am LOVING Curls Liquid Vitamin so far).

I think I detailed it pretty well lol! Let me know if you'd like to know anything else!
Also! See your Profile Pic, your hair is beautiful!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Thanks for sharing your regimen, @NaturalShe94.

Your signature is viewable on the computer. Your phone may be optimized to not load a whole bunch of data-consuming stuff such as people's signatures. Some phones will allow you to choose whether web pages load like they do on a regular computer or in an abbreviated version for phones to save data.

Theresamonet

Thank you,
And sure!
I realize my hair amazes me the more I let it be. With that being said, here is my regimen...

-Every Sunday I wash and Condition with OGX Coconut Milk shampoo/conditioner. Then moisturize with Olive Miracle Anti-breakage Moisturizer lotion then seal with Olive Miracle Anti-breakage Growth Oil. Then plait it in 4 if I'm staying in the house all day or I'll do one plait at the back and roll in it a bun if I'm going on the road.
-Every OTHER Sunday after a regular wash/condition with OGX, I'll deep condition with Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen, Grow & Restore Hair Masque for 45 mins under my dryer.
-I rotate every two days between water washing and co-washing. I usually will water wash on Wed night and Co-wash with Suave Essentials Coconut Oil Conditioner on Friday nights.
-I hot oil treat once a month with Parashute Ayurvedic Coconut Hot Oil once a month. I also barely do protein treatments, only if I see my hair becoming weak or I see a lot of breakage going on... I last did a protein treatment in November, I haven't needed one again since then.
-I rub DooGro Megathick Growth Oil on my scalp and hair after water washing once a week as well. (I had stopped doing this for about 2 months, but I've started back again).

-My everyday style is mostly a Wash n' Go. After about day 3, I'll do a bun, or high curly ponytail. I mostly use Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Leave In Conditioner for styling.
-There are some weeks where I don't co-wash or water wash, this would be because I have done a style in my hair that is lasting most of the week (twist out, braid out, finger coils, etc). So if a style lasts until Friday or Saturday, I won't water/co wash, I'll just sprit some some water in my hair and throw it in a low bun until Sunday (wash day) or wear the style until Sunday.
-I take Nature Bountys Hair Skin & Nails Extra Strength twice a day as my multi vitamin and now I've added Curls Blissful Lengths Liquid Vitamin to that which I take once every morning. (Tried Hairfinity, made me nauseous. I am LOVING Curls Liquid Vitamin so far).

I think I detailed it pretty well lol! Let me know if you'd like to know anything else!

What do you love about the Curls vitamin drink?

NaturalShe94

What do you love about the Curls vitamin drink?

Well for one,
It's easier to take because its liquid, and the taste is very bearable.
It does start working fast.
When I take it, my energy level is out of this world for majority of the day.
Ive only been taking it for a week and my skin has already improved! My tone seems to have a glow and my face is clearing up! Love it.
Can't speak on hair difference just yet.

CheChe1881

Thank you,
And sure!

Thank you for the detailed and organized regimen.
Wow your hair must be pretty strong to go without protein that long.
The results you've amassed can be attributed to nature's bounty or Curls Liquid (outside of your great regimen)?

I want to try CURLS vitamin, but errrrr $50 a month is steeep

NaturalShe94

Thank you for the detailed and organized regimen.
Wow your hair must be pretty strong to go without protein that long.
The results you've amassed can be attributed to nature's bounty or Curls Liquid (outside of your great regimen)?

I want to try CURLS vitamin, but errrrr $50 a month is steeep

Yeah, I haven't worked it all the way out in my budget yet. However, check out the site or target magz for coupons! They have sales here and there. I bought it a week ago.
And the protein treatment I use is pretty strong, Aphogee 2 Step. Also I don't want to overload on protein. The Poo and Conditioner I use has loads of Egg Whites in it and it strengthens, meaning its protein based. So a protein treatment isn't really necessary often.