I'm starting to love my texlaxed hair...

RabiaElaine

Hi ladies,

I'm really starting to fall in love with my texlaxed hair. Some of you might have seen posts from me a few weeks ago before my touch up, when I was contemplating going back to a bone straight relaxer. I was frustrated with the texture and thought it was too kinky.

Well I have a different opinion now. When the hairdresser did my touch up, I explained to her that I didn't want my hair bone straight but that I wanted to relax it a little more than it was during my last application. She did just what I asked she got me to about 70% relaxed. She also did a correction relaxer on my the hair that was too kinky from the application before, right at the end of her application. She didn't over process me at all.

Now I have about 3 inches of unstretched texlaxed hair in most areas (which is about 3.5 or more when stetched). Anyway I love it!!! It's so soft, it's thicker than my bone staight hair. If I put scurl and some WGO on it I can slick it down and make it look straight.

Whenever I get discouraged about it I just look at Isis' album. I hope to have hair that is half as thick as hers one day. I hope I can transition into texlaxed hair without having to chop off my relaxed ends until I have at least armpit length texlaxed hair.

Anyway, just thought I'd share!!!

PinkPeony

I`am happy for you and your hair does look very nice:) .
I agree with you Isis has beautiful texlaxed hair.
Thx , for sharing Rabia

OneInAMillion

Hi Rabia,

Thanks for the info. I'm going through phases with my textlaxed hair which is currently mostly texturized now. I too am having an issue with the new growth that was recently relaxed--there's not evidence of a relaxer on their at all. I KNOW I don't have 3 inches of growth in one month :lol: but I'm scared to do a corrective procedure.

Where did you go for the corrective? Was it the same person that did your hair initially? I have a stylist at home that would be my best bet to fix this since she knows my hair, but how long should I wait for the corrective if that's what I choose?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm so thankful that someone else may know about this :)

RabiaElaine

OneInAMillion said:
Hi Rabia,

Thanks for the info. I'm going through phases with my textlaxed hair which is currently mostly texturized now. I too am having an issue with the new growth that was recently relaxed--there's not evidence of a relaxer on their at all. I KNOW I don't have 3 inches of growth in one month :lol: but I'm scared to do a corrective procedure.

Where did you go for the corrective? Was it the same person that did your hair initially? I have a stylist at home that would be my best bet to fix this since she knows my hair, but how long should I wait for the corrective if that's what I choose?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm so thankful that someone else may know about this :)

No problem...I was eyeing your album yesterday...your hair is very nice.

Anywho, I went to Michele's Salon on 40th and 8th avenue I think. Violet is the one who did my last relaxer. She was not the person who did the one before. It sucked but I waited 15 weeks to get my touch up and corrective. I didn't want to chance over processing so I just waited. I explained to her that I didn't want bone straight hair and that my previous touch up had left my hair too kinky. I think I told her I wanted it to be about 70% relaxed. Anyway at the end of the relaxer like last 3-5 minutes she did the corrective, she did it perfectly too. I can't tell the difference between the hair that was underprocessed and my newly texlaxed hair. They have the same level of processing. I wouldn't get it done early, I would wait until the next time you plan to relax (unless you don't plan to relax for 8 months or something like that). I don't think I could have made it much past 15 weeks this last time.

Now that my hair is correctly processed I'm confident I can stretch for 19 weeks (only 17 weeks and 2 days to go!!!).

SilkyandSmooth

Good for you! I'm also texlaxed and loving it. Although I told my hair stylist that I didn't want my hair bone straight, I wasn't quite sure how it would turn out. She set my hair after relaxing it, so I didn't get a good chance to see how much curl definition I had. I didn't find out how much CD was left until I washed my hair this weekend. My curls are still there, just less frizzy and easier to straighten & keep straight. Needless to say, I am very happy!

Isis

RabiaElaine said:
Hi ladies,

I'm really starting to fall in love with my texlaxed hair. Some of you might have seen posts from me a few weeks ago before my touch up, when I was contemplating going back to a bone straight relaxer. I was frustrated with the texture and thought it was too kinky.

Well I have a different opinion now. When the hairdresser did my touch up, I explained to her that I didn't want my hair bone straight but that I wanted to relax it a little more than it was during my last application. She did just what I asked she got me to about 70% relaxed. She also did a correction relaxer on my the hair that was too kinky from the application before, right at the end of her application. She didn't over process me at all.

Now I have about 3 inches of unstretched texlaxed hair in most areas (which is about 3.5 or more when stetched). Anyway I love it!!! It's so soft, it's thicker than my bone staight hair. If I put scurl and some WGO on it I can slick it down and make it look straight.

Whenever I get discouraged about it I just look at Isis' album. I hope to have hair that is half as thick as hers one day. I hope I can transition into texlaxed hair without having to chop off my relaxed ends until I have at least armpit length texlaxed hair.

Anyway, just thought I'd share!!!
It's refreshing to hear about your stylist, not only doing exactly what you wanted, but doing a perfect corrective relaxer too. She sounds like a keeper! I'm glad you are having a good texlax hair experience.

And thank you RabiaElaine and Ella for the compliments. :)

OneInAMillion

RabiaElaine said:
No problem...I was eyeing your album yesterday...your hair is very nice.

Anywho, I went to Michele's Salon on 40th and 8th avenue I think. Violet is the one who did my last relaxer. She was not the person who did the one before. It sucked but I waited 15 weeks to get my touch up and corrective. I didn't want to chance over processing so I just waited. I explained to her that I didn't want bone straight hair and that my previous touch up had left my hair too kinky. I think I told her I wanted it to be about 70% relaxed. Anyway at the end of the relaxer like last 3-5 minutes she did the corrective, she did it perfectly too. I can't tell the difference between the hair that was underprocessed and my newly texlaxed hair. They have the same level of processing. I wouldn't get it done early, I would wait until the next time you plan to relax (unless you don't plan to relax for 8 months or something like that). I don't think I could have made it much past 15 weeks this last time.

Now that my hair is correctly processed I'm confident I can stretch for 19 weeks (only 17 weeks and 2 days to go!!!).

Thanks so much for the info and compliment! I'm going to talk to my stylist about the corrective and when we should plan on doing it.

nelli711

Lonei, girl you are definately not the only one. I wanna get a corrective relaxer so bad but Im scurred

nelli711

Lonei, girl you are definately not the only one. I wanna get a corrective relaxer so bad but Im scurred

lonei

RabiaElaine said:
Lonei,

If you don't mind my asking...why do not like your texlaxed hair???

Sorry I never go back and check threads that i posted in! Its the tangles and the fact that I now have to use heat to get my hair straight when I didnt before...