I'm Ticked Off - Kwame Leave the Church Out of Your Mess!!!

envybeauty

Each case should be addressed as it becomes known. God's word tells us so when we see a brother in sin to go to him; if he rejects, then go again with others; if he still rejects correction then he must be released from affiliation until he repents, turns away from his / her sin(s).

In Kwame's case, I believe the Pastor is aware of unrepented sin; and/or the Pastor does not trust him; the Pastor is guarded about Kwame.

In this case if it were I as Pastor, I would counsel Kwame, ask him directly if he is still in sin. And I would have him 'step down, resign from the office of mayor, for he is no longer an example of excellence.

Considering the situation, I would not allow him to put the Church in a vunerable position by using it as a cover-up or a hide out; or as a 'front'... as a stage for innocent appearances.

Kwame would be welcome to attend Church, he would have a 'sponsor' (the same as AA and NA) and to 'sit' under the word until the Holy Spirit, releases me to do otherwise.

I pray for the leadership of this church and churches all over.

PaperClip

Each case should be addressed as it becomes known. God's word tells us so when we see a brother in sin to go to him; if he rejects, then go again with others; if he still rejects correction then he must be released from affiliation until he repents, turns away from his / her sin(s).

In Kwame's case, I believe the Pastor is aware of unrepented sin; and/or the Pastor does not trust him; the Pastor is guarded about Kwame.

In this case if it were I as Pastor, I would counsel Kwame, ask him directly if he is still in sin. And I would have him 'step down, resign from the office of mayor, for he is no longer an example of excellence.

Considering the situation, I would not allow him to put the Church in a vunerable position by using it as a cover-up or a hide out; or as a 'front'... as a stage for innocent appearances.

Kwame would be welcome to attend Church, he would have a 'sponsor' (the same as AA and NA) and to 'sit' under the word until the Holy Spirit, releases me to do otherwise.

Shimmie!!!! :wave::giggle: Whoa.... Pastor or otherwise, You can't "have" him step down. You can't MAKE him do anything.... You can counsel and advise, but then he has to make his own choices. Even the LORD doesn't MAKE us do what He wants us to do like that....

Now as a PARISHONER, if he were to remain as a member of your church, he would have to abide by what you say as the pastor...otherwise, he is open to attend another church...with the full understanding that he is not being "thrown out" but that your church has to uphold the Bible....of course, all this would be done through the leading and directing of the Holy Spirit...

I agree with you that this pastor is walking a delicate line.... Is it delicate because of wanting to be wise or to be politically correct/strategic?

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Shimmie!!!! :wave::giggle: Whoa.... Pastor or otherwise, You can't "have" him step down. You can't MAKE him do anything.... You can counsel and advise, but then he has to make his own choices. Even the LORD doesn't MAKE us do what He wants us to do like that....

Now as a PARISHONER, if he were to remain as a member of your church, he would have to abide by what you say as the pastor...otherwise, he is open to attend another church...with the full understanding that he is not being "thrown out" but that your church has to uphold the Bible....of course, all this would be done through the leading and directing of the Holy Spirit...

I agree with you that this pastor is walking a delicate line.... Is it delicate because of wanting to be wise or to be politically correct/strategic?
Oooooooohhhhhhh, all right (Shimmie pouting, head down, thinking). :cry3:

Okay, can I at least...... 'picket' his office......:rolleyes: Pretty please? :grin:

*lonnnnnngggg sigh* :nono: :nono: :nono:

RR, things have changed so much. It looks like the Church has lost it's authority. Where if one of it's own is in sin, there's no rebuke that fits the offense that should be taken. If the offender gets mad, he just finds another Church that fits his / her agenda and continue to be a bad public figure example for our children and the Church.

This is what saddens me with both Weeks and Kwame. They're still on the front lines, but not as good examples.

Precious little sister, thanks for putting up with me today. Allowing me to vent. You know how I do....:yep: :rolleyes:

I want you to know, that I've heeded all of what you've shared...nothing was in vain. God used you to allow me to see more of the picture here. His word says, in all thy getting, get understanding.

RR, For this I thank you for being his 'echo' of wisdom.

I want to thank everyone else here who have given of your hearts in this thread, again and again.

Hugs and blessings to each of you. :love3:

PaperClip

Oooooooohhhhhhh, all right (Shimmie pouting, head down, thinking). :cry3:

Okay, can I at least...... 'picket' his office......:rolleyes: Pretty please? :grin:

*lonnnnnngggg sigh* :nono: :nono: :nono:

RR, things have changed so much. It looks like the Church has lost it's authority. Where if one of it's own is in sin, there's no rebuke that fits the offense that should be taken. If the offender gets mad, he just finds another Church that fits his / her agenda and continue to be a bad public figure example for our children and the Church.

This is what saddens me with both Weeks and Kwame. They're still on the front lines, but not as good examples.

Precious little sister, thanks for putting up with me today. Allowing me to vent. You know how I do....:yep: :rolleyes:

I want you to know, that I've heeded all of what you've shared...nothing was in vain. God used you to allow me to see more of the picture here. His word says, in all thy getting, get understanding.

RR, For this I thank you for being his 'echo' of wisdom.

I want to thank everyone else here who have given of your hearts in this thread, again and again.

Hugs and blessings to each of you. :love3:

I hear and feel what you're saying, Shimmie.... You are not alone in your feelings and passion for integrity in the body of Christ.

I just remember that just like in the Bible, the Lord ALWAYS has a remnant.... everybody ain't living foul!:lachen:

Shimmie

Staff member
I pray for the leadership of this church and churches all over.
I agree, precious one. I totally agree we need to be in constant prayer for our leadership and for ourselves to be 'aware' and to maintain our stand for what we expect from them.

Blessings nvybeauty...your have a beautiful heart. :love3:

Shimmie

Staff member
I hear and feel what you're saying, Shimmie.... You are not alone in your feelings and passion for integrity in the body of Christ.

I just remember that just like in the Bible, the Lord ALWAYS has a remnant.... everybody ain't living foul!:lachen:
:amen:
You're so right. :yep: Not all are chickens...(fowl) :rolleyes: :lachen:

:thatsall: :cowgirl: running before RR gets me for 'fowl' language. :lachen: