I'm tired of underprocessed hair!! Dang it I'm going natural!

caribeandiva

Human being
I don't know why I was so afraid to tell yall (probably cause I've gotta stick to it now). My relaxers never took.:wallbash: My relaxed hair was so thick it looked natural anytime I airdried anyway so why bother. I've been thinking about this for almost a year now. I've been transitioning for the last month. I intend to transition for at least 2 years.

*Muffin*

Good for you! To tell you the truth I've been thinking a lot about it as well. It's such a hard decision to make. I've been relaxed for a long time, and my relaxed hair is healthy, but when I see my NG I absolutely love it and I sometimes wish I was natural. I don't know. I definitely intend on going natural one day, but now I have to make the decision whether that day will be sooner or later.

caribeandiva

Human being
Good for you! To tell you the truth I've been thinking a lot about it as well. It's such a hard decision to make. I've been relaxed for a long time, and my relaxed hair is healthy, but when I see my NG I absolutely love it and I sometimes wish I was natural. I don't know. I definitely intend on going natural one day, but now I have to make the decision whether that day will be sooner or later.
same here! I've been relaxed for 10 years now. my relaxed hair is healthy. I always said I was gonna be natural when I reach waistlength but i thought what the heck!

I've always loved my new growth too. so curly! My hair was so underprocessed from my last touch up (july 14) that I have entire strands (3 inches or longer) and sections that are curly. I want the option to wear my hair curly if I want to.

*Muffin*

I feel you. The thing is that I'm pretty incompetant when it comes to doing my hair. I've never been good at styling it or whatever. I pretty much condition and go, lol. That's why having relaxed hair is so easy. I probably wouldn't wear straight styles that much for fear I'd damage my hair due to my lack of skills in the styling department. The reason why the decision is so hard is because I love my relaxed/natural hair equally. My relaxed hair is on it's way to BSL, but I'm reluctant to relax my hair on September 1st because I love my curly roots so much. Oh the dilemma!

loveable37

I been saying this for years and its comin down to the why!!!!!
I cant really handle my newgrowth,
I am 2 months righ now
it feels like i have 2 inches or more newgrowth so either i can continue strenghin or relax on my birthday SEPTEMBER 14 .:wallbash:

Its seems like my hair breaking but its shedding i did my aphogee treatment and my hair bushy /strong it feels funny am i doin damagee waitin any longer i see.

caribeandiva

Human being
I feel you. The thing is that I'm pretty incompetant when it comes to doing my hair. I've never been good at styling it or whatever. I pretty much condition and go, lol. That's why having relaxed hair is so easy. I probably wouldn't wear straight styles that much for fear I'd damage my hair due to my lack of skills in the styling department. The reason why the decision is so hard is because I love my relaxed/natural hair equally. My relaxed hair is on it's way to BSL, but I'm reluctant to relax my hair on September 1st because I love my curly roots so much. Oh the dilemma!
Do whatever you feel will make you happier. good luck!

caribeandiva

Human being
I been saying this for years and its comin down to the why!!!!!
I cant really handle my newgrowth,
I am 2 months righ now
it feels like i have 2 inches or more newgrowth so either i can continue strenghin or relax on my birthday SEPTEMBER 14 .:wallbash:

Its seems like my hair breaking but its shedding i did my aphogee treatment and my hair bushy /strong it feels funny am i doin damagee waitin any longer i see.
I don't think you're doing damage waiting to see if you want to relax or not. Take all the time you need. Just make the decision that will make you the happiest.

jerjer29

I don't think you're doing damage waiting to see if you want to relax or not. Take all the time you need. Just make the decision that will make you the happiest.

also it took about 2-3 months for me to get rid of all the scab hair, which is hair that hasn't grown in yet that was effected by your relaxers. I think no matter what your hair texture or type, that the scab hair is harder to deal with than your natural hair because scab hair is basically damaged hair. Most people say after about 4 months of transitioning , the rest of transitioning is a breeze or easier.

caribeandiva

Human being
also it took about 2-3 months for me to get rid of all the scab hair, which is hair that hasn't grown in yet that was effected by your relaxers. I think no matter what your hair texture or type, that the scab hair is harder to deal with than your natural hair because scab hair is basically damaged hair. Most people say after about 4 months of transitioning , the rest of transitioning is a breeze or easier.
so that's what scab hair is. Thanks for info. i guess i won't be seeing my real texture for 3 more months. I'm excited!