Important --Aphogee 2-step a week before or after relaxer touchup?

princessdi

I normally do Nexxus Emergencee a week before my touchup and during the relaxer process, after I rinse the relaxer out, I follow up with Aphogee 2-Minute Reconstructor, and then follow up a week later with Nexxus Keraphix, but have seen people do the Aphogee 2-step process both ways (some before and some after).

I believe after my last relaxer, I followed up a week later with the Aphogee 2-Step treatment with no ill effects, but just want to see what others think.

My next touch up is three weeks away, and I'm on track for meeting my goal of MBL by Dec. 2010 that I don't want any setbacks.

Please advise.

Thanks.

I do mine the day of the relaxer after neutralizing and shampooing the relaxer out. After that, I DC with the conditioner of the relaxer for 3 minutes with no heat. I just baggy and go about my business until I wash the conditioner out.

I use the Aphogee 2-Minute after rinsing my relaxer, but not the Aphogee 2-Step. Did you mean the 2-Minute or do you actually use the hardcore 2-Step Treatment?

I'm afraid to do that right after relaxing. It may be too much for my fine strands.

Bumping for more responses...

I always use APhogee 2 Step the week before to build up my hair for the relaxer. After my relaxer I use APhogee 2 minute and the week after I use NExxus Emergencee. NO fail!

Back