In search of ALL Phonytail/Bun EXPERTS...

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
please respond:

I have decided to buy a long phonytail to pin up as a bun because I couldn't find a bun that I really liked, but I have no idea how to fix it in the morning so that is will look nice and neat without a lot of time. Any suggestions and definely pictures of your homemade buns would really be appreciated.

TIA

Raquel

Puddles

On Cloud 9
[size=+1]I don't have any pictures to show....but I wear a pony over my baggie and I twist it into a bun. It actually looks like my hair. I secure it with a black scrunchie. Just put the pony on then twist it around itself and secure it with a scrunchie or hair pins. It will look great. Good luck....HTH[/size]

bludacious

Funny thing happened. I had plan on visiting the BSS today to buy me another phonypony. Well, I worked a double last night and my body couldn't make it. I still had to be at work today. I was thinking okay, maybe I can slick my hair down and pin my hair up into a little bun and I make a quick stop at the BSS before work. That's not going to work. I live in Atlanta. It's raining outside. Some Atlanta people can't drive when it's raining. So, I had to go to my closet and see what I had. I found a bag of curly weave(Track). I cut it in half and wraps in on my bun (you know making track hair a ponytail). I pin the hair up into a bun and hey it is time to go to work.

BLESSED1

Puddles said:
[size=+1]I don't have any pictures to show....but I wear a pony over my baggie and I twist it into a bun. It actually looks like my hair. I secure it with a black scrunchie. Just put the pony on then twist it around itself and secure it with a scrunchie or hair pins. It will look great. Good luck....HTH[/size]

DITTO, I've done this with bone straight phonies, curly phonies, wavy phonies all successfully. Just not with an afro curl phony.