Indian herbs, powders and oils...

ButterflyCurls

who uses them, what is it and what are the benefits? I've seen so many types besides henna and different oils. I've been so tempted to try them but don't know what's good and what are the benefits. Also, what is the brand you use?

I found some Indian (hindu) hair care site also and they suggested doing tea rinses and washing with different herbs and teas. I want to know if anyone has tried this as well? I'll see if I can find the link again...

I've been a luker for a while now and just joined two days ago, you guys have inspired me to treat my hair good...I was shy to post something but this question has been on my mind for a while now...so I figured i'd ask.:)

Blackberry7

Go for it. They're easy to use and they all work well for all hair types. Use the search feature on this board for e.g. "shikakai", "amla" and "henna" and dig up some threads. You'll find numerous testimonials.

When you buy the packaged kind from e.g. Indian markets they usually come with instructions - just follow those. You would either make a tea or a paste and use them as you would any other shampoo or conditioner.

Jas123

The Star of a Story
ButterflyCurls said:
who uses them, what is it and what are the benefits? I've seen so many types besides henna and different oils. I've been so tempted to try them but don't know what's good and what are the benefits. Also, what is the brand you use?

I found some Indian (hindu) hair care site also and they suggested doing tea rinses and washing with different herbs and teas. I want to know if anyone has tried this as well? I'll see if I can find the link again...

I've been a luker for a while now and just joined two days ago, you guys have inspired me to treat my hair good...I was shy to post something but this question has been on my mind for a while now...so I figured i'd ask.:)
I use shikakai, amla and henna..I use the shikakai & amla with henna or conditioner and it using them makes my hair stronger

tnorenberg

I faithfully use the Shikakai powder, Vatika oil and Amla oil. Acutally I oiled w/ amla overnight and will rinse w/ shikakai today. I seems to stop shedding in it's tracks and the hair is strong and soft. I have my DH using the Vatika Shampoo too.

mw138

I use henna and amla powder & oil. My hair loves henna. I usually use amla powder with my henna treatments. I've just started to use amla oil, so I don't have a definite opinion about it yet, but so far so good!

ButterflyCurls

Thanks y'all I deffinately will try some of these out and maybe do some searches on it as well. In y'alls opinion which is better, Shikakai powder or the Henna?