Info for those considering buying the new FHI Platform Flat iron..

Blessedhairgro

My sistas I have gone completely flat iron crazy:eek:! Since purchasing 2 fhi flat irons over the last 2 months (207 RVI & the Technique iron) I love them so much that I've been eyeballing the new Platform series irons. I went to the fhi website which is www.fhiheat.com and looked at the irons and the platform looks just like the 207 RVI. I called the customer service number and asked them if there was much difference between the 207 RVI and the platform series and the rep said no, the platform is just a newer model and if I've recently purchased the 207 RVI there's no need to get the platform thinking it will be different. I appreciated her honesty. the platform is much more expensive than the 207, 302 and 405 (I don;t know if I have these numbers right:)) RVI models the platform cost twice as much, so if you are thinking about getting it and you already have the others don't spend your money in vain :). I just thought I'd pass this along.

Blessedhairgro

Hi Growinpainz!! no that's not the $400.00 iron, I forgot the name of that one, the fhi platform is black with red plates like all the other fhi irons and on their website it costs 195.00, they sell it on www.HSN.com (home shopping network) for 133.00. The new iron that's $400.00 is black with white plates and I don't know why it's so expensive. If you go to their website and click on the testimonials you will see hairdressers talking about how great these irons are and one guy is using the $400.00 iron in his video instruction on how to use their irons. I definately won't be buying that one:lol: