Infusium 23 for protein DC

bee

I ran out of my DuoTex, which I use for protein DCs. I have been using Infusium 23 for protein and my winter shedding is to a minimum. The directions state not to overwet the hair so I put a few squirts in my hand and massage Infusium onto my roots and the length of my hair.

I must admit, this is not a bad alternative. I'm going to use it for protein DCs until it runs out.

Your talking about the spray, correct (i am not sure if there is another item)? I dont think it will be bad, I spray this on my hair daily under my LF.

Yes, ms b, I'm talking about the spray. It has really helped me with my shedding. I think the key is to not overwet my hair, as the instructions state. I'll be protein DCing, once a week, for the rest of this month to see if this stops my winter shedding.

Oh well yea you should be mine. Like I said I use it on my hair daily just enough, I dont soak my hair.

When you say DC, do you mix it with something else cause if not its just like a protein leave-in?

I don't mix Infusium w/ anything else. I just put it on dry hair and DC under my heat cap for 20-30 minutes, and rinse it out before I cowash. I'm gonna keep it up until I run out. Then, I'll decide whether or not to repurchase.

I don't mix Infusium w/ anything else. I just put it on dry hair and DC under my heat cap for 20-30 minutes, and rinse it out before I cowash. I'm gonna keep it up until I run out. Then, I'll decide whether or not to repurchase.
Oh okay, hope all goes well.

I use the infursium evry day 2x per day. But I also put a moisturing leave in on top of that and seal it with Shea butter.

My hair has never been softer. But be light on the products

I will sha76. I only use Infusium for DCs, for now. I tried using it as my leave-in but I must have done something wrong because my hair was dry and crispy.

I will sha76. I only use Infusium for DCs, for now. I tried using it as my leave-in but I must have done something wrong because my hair was dry and crispy.

Me, too. :perplexed I grew to hate Infusium because of how it would break my hair off, but I learned that I was using it wrong. I didn't know any better and I was using it daily as a setting lotion. :wallbash:

I've started using it again as a leave-in, once a week, after my wash. Much better. :yep:

I've started using it again as a leave-in, once a week, after my wash. Much better. :yep:

I use it also as a leave in once a week after my weekly wash. I dilute it half water, half infusium it works well, no crunchiness and it detangles brilliantly.

Last edited:
I know that Infusium is beneficial. Maybe I used it the wrong way as a leave-in. I like what it's doing for now; my hair is not shedding as much.

I may revisit using it as a leave-in just to see if I can use it in the right amount, for it to be beneficial for my hair.

Looks like it's back to the drawing board: I prepooed w/ Infusium and added some castor oil. I sat under the heat cap for about 30 minutes. I decided to clarify w/ ACV and now, my hair is stripped and shedding :0

I don't know if it was the ACV( the only change in my wash routine) or what, but I wanted to let you ladies know just in case someone tried Infusium as her protein DC.

Back