Infusium 23--What do you ladies think of this product?

Crystalicequeen123

I was wondering what some of you ladies thought about Infusium 23 liquid leave-in conditioner? I used to use it all the time after I washed and conditioned my hair, but I just stopped after joining the LHCF.

I guess it's because I've never really seen this product mentioned on this board.

So...ladies...how do you feel about this product? Yay? Nay? SUPER nay? And why?

I'm curious, because I still have a huge bottle at home. :giggle:

I use it about 3x a week as a leave-in and it works fine for me. I know that there are some ladies that use it with water for their rollersets.

I say Yay. I use it as a leave in every time i shampoo my hair. It helps tremendously with the detangling process. Then i follow up with a cream moisturizing leave in. Infusium23 leave in and my wet hair, a MUST!

I guess it's good to use for roller sets or just for it's intended purpose as a leave in as long as you're using a DC before.

I used to use it by itself IN PLACE of DC :perplexed and I wondered why my hair never shined or bounced or stuck around the way it should have :ohwell::drunk:

Can't stand it! :mad: Since the formulation was changed my hair hates hated it. I wish I can find an old bottle under my sink somewhere.

I like it. I airdry with it (the Moisturologie one) and my daily hair moisturizer or oil and it leaves my hair BEAUTIFUL. :grin:

I use to use it as a leave-in when my hair is shorter and it use to give my hair fluff/bounce, but what I hated about it, especially when I flatiron, it left my hair kinda of hard -- it's like when you spray holding spray on your hair, that issue -- sticking together...Now when I use it, I dilute it with water before use and remember to only use one leave-in in my hair at one time.

Can't stand it! :mad: Since the formulation was changed my hair hates hated it. I wish I can find an old bottle under my sink somewhere.
I know the bottle changed but i don't recall the ingredients changing. I compared the old bottle and new bottles ingredients, exact same.

I use to use it as a leave-in when my hair is shorter and it use to give my hair fluff/bounce, but what I hated about it, especially when I flatiron, it left my hair kinda of hard -- it's like when you spray holding spray on your hair, that issue -- sticking together...Now when I use it, I dilute it with water before use and remember to only use one leave-in in my hair at one time.

Yeah the key is not to use too much of it. I pour mine into a spray bottle and spray a couple sprays of it on my hair focusing on the ends (and NG if it's prevelant) and seal with my daily moisturizing lotion or oil (my favorite oil to seal with these days is Dabur Vatika Hair Oil-it's gives my hair incredible shine too!).

I think in some places you can still find the original formula. HTH.

I love it. It gives me the right about of protein for my hair (may give hard hair to others because of the protein). I use it every other day from a spray bottle (like someone said so that you won't use too much). It strengthens my hair. I use it every day when in braids though.

Thanks for the responses ladies! :up:

I found an old bottle while I was cleaning up my bathroom cabinet, and I didn't want to just throw it away. So, maybe I'll use it! I hope it's still effective. :look:

Thanks for the responses ladies! :up:

I found an old bottle while I was cleaning up my bathroom cabinet, and I didn't want to just throw it away. So, maybe I'll use it! I hope it's still effective. :look:

Can you post the ingredients? I am not sure if the formula changed or just the packaging/marketing.

I love it. It gives me the right about of protein for my hair (may give hard hair to others because of the protein). I use it every other day from a spray bottle (like someone said so that you won't use too much). It strengthens my hair. I use it every day when in braids though.

Ditto! The only difference is I used mine mixed with Nu-Gro moisturizer and African Pride braid spray when I have braids.

ETA: I only use the "old" school bottle (brown and white).

I'm dating myself but I mean old, old bottles from back in the late 80's! :lol: They didn't have protein in them.

I know the bottle changed but i don't recall the ingredients changing. I compared the old bottle and new bottles ingredients, exact same.

i use it everytime i wash my hair i have fine strands so i put the leave in and then seal and my hair is just absolutely lovely after it dries...i rollerset it as well :grin:

I use the purple and white bottle (moisturizing formula) on occasion mixed with water for my rollersets.

Can you post the ingredients? I am not sure if the formula changed or just the packaging/marketing.

Sure, when I get home I'll look at the ingredients and post them here.

I don't know if this helps any, but I have the brown and white bottle. It's an old bottle though, so I dont' know if the colors have changed or what. :look: lol

Infusium 23 (original formula) . . this is the best thing that ever happened to my type 4a/b hair. :yep:

I use it because my stylist does after my DC. I think its important if your in braids or have a weave to use a leave In like this one. Oh and its the original Formula in brown and white bottle :yep:

I use the old forumla on a regular basis as a spritz consisting of infusium, african pride braid spray and 2 squirts of VS So Sexy conditioner for the scent.

The bottle changed becuase there is now more than one formulation of Infusium (I think there are three different ones). The poster may have picked up one of the new ones and has to go back and figure out which one is the original.

I used Infusium 23 a long time ago and it dried my hair out. My hair also became brittle. I threw the bottle away. I am not sure if I used the original formula or not.

I guess I'm the only one that didn't get good results. Perhaps it was the protein or I wasn't moisturizing enough at the time.

I used Infusium 23 a long time ago and it dried my hair out. My hair also became brittle. I threw the bottle away. I am not sure if I used the original formula or not.

I guess I'm the only one that didn't get good results. Perhaps it was the protein or I wasn't moisturizing enough at the time.

But for me i always follow up with a moisturizing (cream) leave in like NTM or Salerm21. The infusium helps strengthen my wet hair and detangle.

Honi : Sorry i misunderstood you, i didn't know your talking about an 80's bottle, lol!

I mix it in with my braid spray (the brown) I may start using it after I wash now u guys mention it

When I started my journey to healthy hair a few months ago. One of the first things I did was buy a big bottle of Infusium 23. I used it every time that I washed my hair, as one But for the life of me I coudn't tell you what purpose it was serving. I haven't used it over 3 months. While streamlining my regimen it got dropped quickly. The bottle is still full; I will not be repurchasing!

ITA :yep: It just doesn't work for me anymore. It was beginning to cause breakage so I had to discontinue it.:perplexed

i use the brown bottle i have been using it on for my crown and glory method. and i just bought another today (brwn bottle)

Back