ingredients

tane

What types of ingredients should i look for in oils,conditioners, etc. to help my hair achieve its length.

bettydavis

Stay away from sodium laurel sulfate (SLS)...

Personally, my hair likes daily moisture so the most important thing is my leave in conditioners, I use ones that are water based (Profective Breakfree and Neutogena silk touch), meaning they have water or aqua listed as the first ingredient.

Other ingredients like Gycerine, any type of oils and extracts are usually a good thing. Protein is good for strengthening the hair, but be aware of how much there is, because too much can make your hair hard. Protein is really a whole topic of its own, if you do a search on it you'll find lots of info. HTH, and welcome to LHCF!

candibaby

I agree with bettydavis, there is a thread on here about product ingredients, i will look for it and bump it for you.

DahomeyAmazon

I tend to like products that contain a good concentration of Biotin, Jojoba Oil, Lactalbumin (milk protein), or Shea butter. I feel like those ingredients help strengthen and protect my hair.

sengschick

The Bun Master
I try to stay away from all sulfates (definitely ALS & SLS), alcohols (though I know all are not bad), petroleum & items heavy in mineral oil (esp in hair oils/pomades/etc).