Relaxed Heads/natural products

CheerBear

Ladies, I've been considering getting rid of ALOT of my products, and start using mainly natural products,mostly for moisture purposes...basically distilled water, butters, oils and aloe. Does anyone have any opinions on this....whether hair subjected to chemicals HAS to have products with synthetic ingredients to help protect? Or will various types of conditioners take care of like, protein needs, cuticle sealing, etc.

patience

Natural products are better for your hair anyway, IMO. My use of synthetic products is very minimal(mainly conditioner until I get a good recipe for making my own). It doesn't hurt to try...Try to get into the habit of making your own products. If you're going to buy something, read the labels FIRST. If you don't recognize most of the ingredients, leave it on the shelf and do more research if you really want that product OR see if you can get samples of it first.

A_Christian

I'm relaxed and I've noticed that my hair seems to be softer, more moisturized, and healtiher overall since I've started using essential oils, butters, and products with aloe vera gel or aloe oil in them.

UmSumayyah

I was reading SherryLove's "feature of the month" profile recently and noticed that she only used natural oils, butters, and natural based brands on her hair, other than the relaxer. And she has some seriously long hair.

Healthb4Length

I am texturized and I find that using only natural products work for me. My hair literally repells petrolum/mineral oils and certain alcohols. I found my hair to be very soft and bouncy using natural products. Some of my products, like my deep treatments aren't all natural but for the most part, aside from the relaxers, most of my products are at least 80% natural.