Inspired by the other Thread- Should I blowdry and curl two weeks in a row

mahogany_horizons

Not only am I aiming for growth, I'm aiming for thickness. I can't believe how much thicker my hair has gotten in just 3 months with the progress pics I posted the other day.

What I have been doing to keep length growth is airdry/bunning, rollersetting if I want to wear it out. Washing 2x a week. Deep conditioning twice weekly.

I have been sticking to blowdrying/curling, OR FLAT IRONING ONLY at relaxer time for a week.

Last weekend I had a party to go to, so I got a relaxer one week early.

This weekend coming up, I have a conference to go to, and as such I had planned to get my relaxer this week, but since I hadn't seen those people in 2+ years I didn't want them to think I was broke down, so put in a relaxer @ 11 weeks post vs. 12 weeks post.

However, I wanted to wear my hair out for the conference.

I just bought the tourmaline hot tools dryer which should be here on Wednesay instead of airdrying my rollersets,so I should be able to achieve a presentable, if not salon perfect rollerset.

My mother has offered to drive 2 hours blow dry and curl my hair again as she knows I want to look good for the conference (yes I'm grown, married and don't live at home, but I trust no one else with my relaxers)

The only thing is, I don't want to expose my hair to that heat damage TWICE in a row, first this weekend, then next weekend.

SHOULD I ROLLERSET, and though it would look nice, not as nice as blow dry/curl,

or should I BLOWDRY and curl two weeks in a row just this once? :)

I'm nervous. mY HAIR IS A LOT THICKER. I think I should rollerset!

M.

Last edited:
I think you answered your own question.

I'm sure your rollerset will look great. I personally wouldn't chance a blowdrying/curling two weeks in a row. When I used to get my hair straightened regularly I only did it once every 3 weeks.

There are lots of members who blowdry and flatiron weekly without any problems.

Just make sure you use heat protectant and don't use the highest heat settings

I can't imagine you getting damage from just using heat two times in a row. I'm sure before you found this board, you did a LOT worse things than that! :lol:

Just make sure you dc really good beforehand to make sure your hair is full of moisture. Give your hair a good dc after the conference and go back to your buns after the weekend. You'll be fine :yep:

Roller-set. Heat for two weeks is pushing it for many, including me.

But of course, every head of hair is different. :)

Back