Instant Elasta QP Mango Butter Cure

Irresistible

(besides using it with oils).....is Elasta QP recovery......i put it all through my hair and it completely took away the dryness/hardness from the Mango Butter.
smile.gif

I sure am glad i found an answer since i got over 12 jars of the stuff, now i have to go buy more of the cure
look.gif

btw anyone notice it says on the mango butter jar to use AFTER the breakage control serum....i guess this is a product that isnt meant to be used alone in the first place
ohwell.gif

Irresist...
You keep scaring me w/these Mango Butter posts!!!
crazy.gif
I just bought another jar too b/c it was on sale @ Walgreen's. Shoot. I've cut back to using it once a day, but now I'm wondering if I should give it to a "friend". I haven't noticed dryness since mixing it though. I do think I was over-proteining my hair (yeah, I made it up!
laugh.gif
) while moisturizing. The protein in the butter and Humectress was too much. Then I added aloe which did increase my moisture level, but I did it not knowing it was more protein.
ohwell.gif
So after getting rid of the humectress I've noticed no broken hairs. Wheww. So much to learn....
look.gif

I have used it after the BCS and did notice it softened really well. It was like my hair was prepared to receive it.
smile.gif

Good analysis, Irresitible.
smile.gif
I'm glad to hear the Elasta QP stuff is working for you. Half the time, I don't even look at the directions on stuff until AFTER I've used it.
wallbash.gif
Good lookin' out.

Funny, I have a jar and I use it from time to time. I see that some ladies hate it and others love it. I have relaxed hair and I don't wear the protective styles that often so I am applying this to my dry hair. I like the results I get. I hate moisturizers that feel greasy and weight the hair down. You know like Pink oil and Razac perfect for perms. I like the bouncy flowing look to my hair, that is why i don't like to put anything on my scalp (i know that is bad but it makes my hair heavy). The butter gives it a great feel and smell and I am sticking with it. I also noticed the suggestion of using the other stuff. I might pick it up tonight to sue together. I need something for breakage.

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
Irresist...
crazy.gif
I just bought another jar too b/c it was on sale @ Walgreen's. Shoot. I've cut back to using it once a day, but now I'm wondering if I should give it to a "friend". I haven't noticed dryness since mixing it though. I do think I was over-proteining my hair (yeah, I made it up!
laugh.gif
) while moisturizing. The protein in the butter and Humectress was too much. Then I added aloe which did increase my moisture level, but I did it not knowing it was more protein.
ohwell.gif
So after getting rid of the humectress I've noticed no broken hairs. Wheww. So much to learn....
look.gif

I have used it after the BCS and did notice it softened really well. It was like my hair was prepared to receive it.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ] girl dont give up on it, i know im not, i think its just taking some learning how to use it , for those of us that might want to use it as daily styling product....i love it too much to give up on it
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
deeplyrooted said:
Good analysis, Irresitible.
smile.gif
I'm glad to hear the Elasta QP stuff is working for you. Half the time, I don't even look at the directions on stuff until AFTER I've used it.
wallbash.gif
Good lookin' out.

[/ QUOTE ] yup I'm guilty of that too, and know i should know better by now
look.gif

[ QUOTE ]
evanne said:
Funny, I have a jar and I use it from time to time. I see that some ladies hate it and others love it. I have relaxed hair and I don't wear the protective styles that often so I am applying this to my dry hair. I like the results I get. I hate moisturizers that feel greasy and weight the hair down. You know like Pink oil and Razac perfect for perms. I like the bouncy flowing look to my hair, that is why i don't like to put anything on my scalp (i know that is bad but it makes my hair heavy). The butter gives it a great feel and smell and I am sticking with it. I also noticed the suggestion of using the other stuff. I might pick it up tonight to sue together. I need something for breakage.

[/ QUOTE ] well i havent talked to everyone about it, but it seems the ones that complain of dryness are natural and using it with a protective style and are probably using more of the product at a time , i think

[ QUOTE ]
evanne said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Evanne, I was having crazy breakage/shedding so I mixed about 2 tbs Le Kair (green one) cholesterol with 2 tbs Nutrine Garlic conditioner and 2 tbs QP Breakage Control Serum, sat under a warm dryer for 20 mins and my breakage/shedding was cut down dramatically. It also made my hair super soft, I guess because of the aloe in the Le Kair and the castor oil in the garlic conditioner.

HTH

Deby

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
Irresist...
crazy.gif
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
look.gif

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ] girl dont give up on it, i know im not, i think its just taking some learning how to use it , for those of us that might want to use it as daily styling product....i love it too much to give up on it
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I do like it. I think I'm getting close to finding the right combination for my hair. I know you are a butter and oil fan, so what are you mixing w/your MB w/?

I just found reasonable virgin coconut oil, so I opted for it rather than Almond Oil. I'm adding coconut oil, aloe vera gel & EVOO to the Mango Butter on my ends, same through the length minus the aloe (too moist, makes me revert). What's everyone else mixing w/the Mango Butter?

[ QUOTE ]
evanne said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried the breakage control serum at all? I don't mix anything w/it and I didn't have a breakage issue, but it's a wonderful treatment. Best used w/heat. At a minimum it should reduce your breakage.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
Irresist...
crazy.gif
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
look.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I do like it. I think I'm getting close to finding the right combination for my hair. I know you are a butter and oil fan, so what are you mixing w/your MB w/?

I just found reasonable virgin coconut oil, so I opted for it rather than Almond Oil. I'm adding coconut oil, aloe vera gel & EVOO to the Mango Butter on my ends, same through the length minus the aloe (too moist, makes me revert). What's everyone else mixing w/the Mango Butter?

[/ QUOTE ] girl really any oil or butter , but my favorite is coconut oil with the mango butter, but as long as i have a decent amount of any oil or butter in my hair at the same time as using the mango butter it helps
smile.gif

Iris - how on earth do you moisturize your hair? You mentioned in another thread that I should "drown" my hair in the moisture products but I feel like I never hit it all so I know you have more hair than me...how do you do it?

I've been using coconut oil myself and I love it.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Iris - how on earth do you moisturize your hair? You mentioned in another thread that I should "drown" my hair in the moisture products but I feel like I never hit it all so I know you have more hair than me...how do you do it?

[/ QUOTE ] girl i just slop, glob, pour, slap on whatever im using ....in amounts like there is no tommorow....ok i know i probably go overboard, but im thinking from past posts you might not be getting ALL of your hair , you kinda gotta get the mentality of its never too much (and just wipe the extra away lol), i mean i have towels that i use just for hair (as far as draping around my shoulders to catch the product)... i section from the bottom going up to the top, putting plenty of whatever im using in one section at a time from scalp to ends
smile.gif
...i have no fear of mess and drips
laugh.gif
, i take a papertowel with me if needed when i leave

im tellin you it wasnt untill i did this with all moisture products as well as my conditioners that i saw a major difference in my hair

to give you an idea of how much i use as far as conditioners the 15oz jar of CPR conditioner is one single application for me..my hair is packed with it litterally

Whoa! I thought I was heavy handed.
shocked.gif
That would be 3 applications for me. But you are right in that you don't really see results with some products if you skimp.

I found a way to take away the hardness caused by Mango Butter ..I put 20 drops of Virgin Coconut oil in the jar and melt it with the Mango Butter,I add 2 teaspoon of water mix it up and Voila!It s just wonderful..leaves my hair incredibly soft and shiny!!I LOVE IT!

I also like The Breakage Serum and Intense Conditioner and Scalp Stimulating Shampoo..I think this Line has good quality products for a reasonable price.
smile.gif
smile.gif

Thanks for the hints, Iris. I am pretty good about using tons of conditioner but after-wash products, I use sparingly. I am going to "up" the amount and see if that makes a difference.

[ QUOTE ]
KaramelKendra said:
I found a way to take away the hardness caused by Mango Butter ..I put 20 drops of Virgin Coconut oil in the jar and melt it with the Mango Butter,I add 2 teaspoon of water mix it up and Voila!It s just wonderful..leaves my hair
incredibly soft and shiny!!I LOVE IT!

[/ QUOTE ]

OOOHHH, KK.....thanks for that tip!
grin.gif
grin.gif
I know Iris and I had talked about adding oils to the QP Mango but I would just put some oil in my hand and mix the Mango that way. I didn't even think of actually mixing it in the jar.....duh
ohwell.gif
I'm gonna go a try that!

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:

[/ QUOTE ] girl i just slop, glob, pour, slap on whatever im using ....in amounts like there is no tommorow....ok i know i probably go overboard, but im thinking from past posts you might not be getting ALL of your hair , you kinda gotta get the mentality of its never too much (and just wipe the extra away lol), i mean i have towels that i use just for hair (as far as draping around my shoulders to catch the product)... i section from the bottom going up to the top, putting plenty of whatever im using in one section at a time from scalp to ends
smile.gif
laugh.gif

im tellin you it wasnt untill i did this with all moisture products as well as my conditioners that i saw a major difference in my hair

to give you an idea of how much i use as far as conditioners the 15oz jar of CPR conditioner is one single application for me..my hair is packed with it litterally

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
An ENTIRE jar!!!! Now, I really see how you can go through a jar of QP Mango Butter in such a short time !!! OK, so are you using the CPR for regular deep conditioners or are you doing conditioner washes with it?

[ QUOTE ]
ATLwavylocks said:
[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:

smile.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
An ENTIRE jar!!!! Now, I really see how you can go through a jar of QP Mango Butter in such a short time !!! OK, so are you using the CPR for regular deep conditioners or are you doing conditioner washes with it?

[/ QUOTE ] Gurrllll I make sure its a two in one shot....I leave it in overnight for the deep conditioning, but still use it as a conditioner wash too...when i go to rinse it out, its nice and creamy under the water again and i swoosh it all around and rub my scalp like im gently washing, and rinse , rinse , rinse...so its like i kill two birds with one stone
smile.gif

Back