Interpretation of "the Word"

angelk316

Please explain to me how the interpretaion of the " The Word" is known to be The Bible. When in the Bible it says that "The Word" is GOD.
John 1:1-3 (KJV)
(1) In the beginning was the word [logos(hebrew)], and the word was with God, and the word was God.
(2) The same was in the beginning with God.
(3) All things were made by [dia(hebrew)] him, and without him was not anything made that was made.

Thanks.

star

angelk316 said:
Please explain to me how the interpretaion of the " The Word" is known to be The Bible. When in the Bible it says that "The Word" is GOD.
John 1:1-3 (KJV)
(1) In the beginning was the word [logos(hebrew)], and the word was with God, and the word was God.
(2) The same was in the beginning with God.
(3) All things were made by [dia(hebrew)] him, and without him was not anything made that was made.

Thanks.

The word hear I believe represents "spirit". The spirit of God and the word of God are use interchangably throughout the Bible. Put the word spirit in the place of word, word and see what it says.

Vintagecoilylocks

If you continue to read the verses it continues in the discription of God and then it comes to v. 13 saying "which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us ( and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Therefore, all that is taught by Christ is the Word of God because he is God the Word that was made flesh and dwelt among us. He choose his apostles and taught them what he wanted us to know. Then the Holy Spirit, who was sent from the Father and the Son, who spoke through the prophets, inspired the apostles and other writers of the New Testament to put the Word in writing as a testimony of what was taught by Christ.

Vintagecoilylocks

Here is more scripture . 2Tim 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness."

BabeinChrist

Vintagecoilylocks said:
If you continue to read the verses it continues in the discription of God and then it comes to v. 13 saying "which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us ( and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Therefore, all that is taught by Christ is the Word of God because he is God the Word that was made flesh and dwelt among us. He choose his apostles and taught them what he wanted us to know. Then the Holy Spirit, who was sent from the Father and the Son, who spoke through the prophets, inspired the apostles and other writers of the New Testament to put the Word in writing as a testimony of what was taught by Christ.

Yes, I've understood "the Word" to mean Jesus.

redeemed516

BabeinChrist said:
Yes, I've understood "the Word" to mean Jesus.

I agree with you guys. I have come to know/understand the Word as Jesus. It talks in revelations about Jesus being called Word of God ( Revelation 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.)