IONIC FLAT IRON

H

honey_jammz82

I just came from Sally's, I was buying the infamous LUST that everyone raves about, and out of the corner of my eye I noticed this 99.00 ionic flat iron. Has anyone tried this? I have an infrared ceramic flat iron, and I like it, but if this one is better..I wanna know..lol.

Brownie

bump---anybody buy this one yet? Anyone hear anything about it?

Also, just to let you all know---I've seen ceramic flat irons (only gets up to 170-200 degrees I believe) and curling irons in Wal-mart. The ceramic curling irons come in a couple sizes I believe.

I bought this tonight at Sally's out of curiousity..and because I could get my money back.

Product: Ionic Ceramic Straightening Iron
Cost: $99.00
Distributor: Ion Professional Products, Inc.

Claims on the box:

According to the box, natural negative ions have been used in Japan for centuries to restore, rejuvenate and reviatlize the body and hair. Negative ions seal moisture into the hair shaft, instantly straightening, leaving hair silky smooth with radiant shine.

Negative Ion Activator Ceramic Infused Plates allow for incredible slip, provide instant, even heat to prevent scorching, help kill hair bacteria, reduce straightening time and styling product build-up. (Does this mean I no longer have to shampoo and condition my hair? This flat iron does it all!)

Double ceramic heaters radiate Far-Infrared heat that penetrates the center of the hair shaft, exposing hair to less damage and preserving it's natural moisture.

Rounded Plate edges with comb guides to style hair under or flip out to add volume to fine hair

My experience: I plugged it in and turned it on. The iron itself is a silver color with black plates. There is a little bit of space where the ceramic plates end and where the silver cover ends. At the edge of the silver cover are the "rounded plate edges with comb guides".The iron certainly doesn't look like a $99 flat iron, then again what should a $99 flat iron look like?

I took the liberty of measuring the plates, since the box neglects to mention their dimensions. They are 1.5 inches wide and 3 inches long. I section off some hair and run the flat iron through. It looks ok, I'm not blown away by it. The iron doesn't get my dried bun crinkles out on one pass through. I run it through again, this time attempting to bump my hair under a bit. My hair actually gets caught and tangled on the rounded plate edges with comb guides. In fact, in order for my hair not to get caught in the "comb guides" I have to hold the iron perfectly straight. Upon closer inspection I notice that my hair is also getting caught on the corner of one ceramic plate. I like being able to flip or bump my ends slightly under with my flat iron. Unless I wanted to lose the ends of my hair, there is no way I would be able to do this with this iron. I also noticed that although the box claimed that the iron maintained a tempertaure of up to 400 degrees..that my Jibere iron felt hotter at a max of 230 degrees. Needless to say I will be returning this flat iron. Please don't waste your money and time on this.

H

honey_jammz82

Wow...thanks for the detailed info....I will save my 99 dollars, I was really close to buying one too!

tomnikids3

i purchased the Jilbere ceramic porcelean flat iron 2 1/4 inch size....its is fabulous. Its has multiple heat settings and goes up to 400 degrees too. Best of all its 49.99, but call around to different Sallys if your immediate one doesnt have it, because its a fairly new model and i had to go out of my area to get it, and it was well worth it.

Brownie

[ QUOTE ]
tomnikids3 said:
i purchased the Jilbere ceramic porcelean flat iron 2 1/4 inch size....its is fabulous. Its has multiple heat settings and goes up to 400 degrees too. Best of all its 49.99, but call around to different Sallys if your immediate one doesnt have it, because its a fairly new model and i had to go out of my area to get it, and it was well worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you still happy with your flat iron? Has anyone else tried this new porcelain ionic flat iron?

CynamonKis

Shandamichelle, thank you for this informative post--I know it is old but you saved me from purchasing this iron. I saw it at Sally's and, although intrigued by it, I thought it best to "consult" the posts on the Forum.

Thanks again--Cynthia

shandaMichelle said:
I bought this tonight at Sally's out of curiousity..and because I could get my money back.

Product: Ionic Ceramic Straightening Iron
Cost: $99.00
Distributor: Ion Professional Products, Inc.

Claims on the box:

According to the box, natural negative ions have been used in Japan for centuries to restore, rejuvenate and reviatlize the body and hair. Negative ions seal moisture into the hair shaft, instantly straightening, leaving hair silky smooth with radiant shine.

Negative Ion Activator Ceramic Infused Plates allow for incredible slip, provide instant, even heat to prevent scorching, help kill hair bacteria, reduce straightening time and styling product build-up. (Does this mean I no longer have to shampoo and condition my hair? This flat iron does it all!)

Double ceramic heaters radiate Far-Infrared heat that penetrates the center of the hair shaft, exposing hair to less damage and preserving it's natural moisture.

Rounded Plate edges with comb guides to style hair under or flip out to add volume to fine hair

My experience: I plugged it in and turned it on. The iron itself is a silver color with black plates. There is a little bit of space where the ceramic plates end and where the silver cover ends. At the edge of the silver cover are the "rounded plate edges with comb guides".The iron certainly doesn't look like a $99 flat iron, then again what should a $99 flat iron look like?

I took the liberty of measuring the plates, since the box neglects to mention their dimensions. They are 1.5 inches wide and 3 inches long. I section off some hair and run the flat iron through. It looks ok, I'm not blown away by it. The iron doesn't get my dried bun crinkles out on one pass through. I run it through again, this time attempting to bump my hair under a bit. My hair actually gets caught and tangled on the rounded plate edges with comb guides. In fact, in order for my hair not to get caught in the "comb guides" I have to hold the iron perfectly straight. Upon closer inspection I notice that my hair is also getting caught on the corner of one ceramic plate. I like being able to flip or bump my ends slightly under with my flat iron. Unless I wanted to lose the ends of my hair, there is no way I would be able to do this with this iron. I also noticed that although the box claimed that the iron maintained a tempertaure of up to 400 degrees..that my Jibere iron felt hotter at a max of 230 degrees. Needless to say I will be returning this flat iron. Please don't waste your money and time on this.

candibaby

If you're going to spend $100 on a flat iron, do yourself a favor and get a good one like a Sedu (folica.com) .. it's the best IMO. I got mine for $98.95 (no tax and free shipping)

Nefertiti0906

I recently got my hair straightened with the ionic flat iron. It left my hair very soft and straight, without a burnt smell. I liked it alot.

CynamonKis

I finally brought a T-3 ionic ceramic flat iron from Overstock.com. I have not yet used it but will let you know when I do. I decided that I wanted a flat iron that could also produce curl at the same time, to save a step.

candibaby said:
If you're going to spend $100 on a flat iron, do yourself a favor and get a good one like a Sedu (folica.com) .. it's the best IMO. I got mine for $98.95 (no tax and free shipping)

inthepink

I have this iron and I love it. I really love the comb-like grooves along the side. When I straighten my hair, this helps to make sure all of the tangles are removed. It's a great deal with the Sally's card.

CynamonKis

Re: IONIC FLAT IRON (T-3 vs. CHI)

CynamonKis said:
I finally brought a T-3 ionic ceramic flat iron from Overstock.com. I have not yet used it but will let you know when I do. I decided that I wanted a flat iron that could also produce curl at the same time, to save a step.

Well I have been using my T-3, and like Hairlove I like the grooves on the side. I also like the velvet pad to protect my countertops from the heat.

I turn the T-3 flat iron all the way up when I use it, and it does a decent job on my hair, especially when I use it on smaller sections of hair with anti-frizz heat protectant. Much better than the Gilbere iron I have. And I like the fact of having a temperature control, which the CHI doesn't have.

Still, in retrospect I wish I had purchased the CHI because this is the one my hair dresser uses (with CHI's own heat protectant products), and it seems to get my hair REALLY straight. Mind you, she IS a skilled stylist and this might have something to do with it.