Is ALL your hair getting moisture?

greenidlady1

Especially if it's in layers?

The last time I got a trim it has been about 6 months so I knew it was time. I had my hair down with a clip and when I walked in my stylist said, "yes, it's time for a trim". I'd brought along some of my oils and leave ins and she
added them before she blew out my hair. After that she looked puzzled because she couldn't find the splits at the bottom of my hair. She went to go ahead and dust and that's when she say the dry ends on the upper layer.

I thought I had been doing such a good job with my moisture leave spray until I realized that I'd been combing my hair straight back when I spray on distilled water or a leave-in, but I don't wear my hair like that when it's down and it's cut in layers.

I decided to try out my theory. I combed out my hair like I would if I were going to wear it down (I wear it over to the right) and sprayed those ends. Then I combed it straight back. Those ends were buried in the middle and what was on top was relatively dry! No wonder that hair was still dry, it wasn't getting any moisture!

So now, I make it a two-step process and sure enough, my hair just drinks up that distilled water as fast as I can spray it in...has this happened to anyone else??

Take care,
G

Spagirl

I was experiencing this type of problem but I thought it was because I had waited too long to get my hair trimmed (lead to split ends being out of control) and that I was using protein conditoners and treatments too frequently (causing ends to puff -> brittle hair-> split ends). What you speak of could be another factor that I had going on. I'm going to be more conscious of this possibility from now on. Thanks for sharing!

T

Tee

This is why I slather on conditioners. I even use one of those hair color applicator brushes to make sure I don't miss a hair.

miss_brown

[ QUOTE ]
Tee said:
This is why I slather on conditioners. I even use one of those hair color applicator brushes to make sure I don't miss a hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, this is exactly what I do
Every since I started doing this, I can really see the full benefits of the conditioner.