Your Daily Spray Moisturizer: What do you all use?

Ronica

I just got my touch up this week and I use Affirm Mild (Lye). Okay, now I would like to know for the relaxer users on here what do you guys use as a daily spray moisturizer? Do you come up with your own mixture in a spray bottle or do you purchase one like Dew Mositurizer, which I've used but I don't have it right now. Something that gives moisture without weighing your hair down is what I'd like to use. Any suggestions or personal mixtures that work for your relaxed hair is welcome. Thank you in advance. I found this from my search on here by a poster from this site last year ........

1) Distilled water & pure glycerine
(for softening my new growth)

2) Motions leave in, distilled water, avocado oil
(for the length hair and ends)

3) Distilled water & rosemary oil
(for my itchy scalp when needed)

So I wasn't sure if that was for dry hair or wet, but I want a dried hair formula for daily use if you have one. thanks again!

daviine

I don't know if this will help you but I'm going to bump a thread entitled "What's in Your Spray Bottle".

Lindy

I used to use UBH Dew as a daily moisturizer, but I ran out, and never repurchased it. I haven't really been able to find anything that works like that, in that it didn't make my hair hard, or greasy... I don't use any kind of spray daily any more. I can't really figure out whether the Dew did any good for my hair, anyhow... My hair seems to be doing just fine w/o the daily spritzing.
I just use my UBH Moisturizer and a little serum daily.

Babygurl

I use a mixture of Vo5 conditioner, Hot Six Oil, and water, shake and spray for one of my daily moisturizers.

BronzeBrown

I put the following into my spray bottle and apply as much as needed every day: Water, pure vitamin-e oil and a bit of Aubrey's GPB (but the GPB is for protein).

Ronica

ok so how much of each item do you put in your spray bottle? Also, would any conditioner do like I have Nexxus Humectress, could I substitute that for your VO5 Conditioner? Just don't want to buy extra products,lol.

Ronica

Hi Diviine, Ok I think the formulas that I have in my post are one of yours from last year? If it is yours, did you use anyone of those as daily moisturizers on dried hair?

keylargo

I use curl activator most of the time. LongAid or carefree curl gold are my favorites. I'm relaxed so I only use this when wearing my hair in protective styles which is majority of the time.

Ronica

Ok Keylargo, so do you spray it on at night? Does it dry so that you can wear your hair out? What would be a protective style? Like could you spray it on at night then wrap hair at night , and wear hair out the next day when it's dried?

lunalight7

Salerm 21 on dry or wet hair w/ coconut oil to seal the ends. I also like Nexxus Headdress used in the same way. Both of these are creamy mouisturizers that wont ruin your straight style if you use just a little bit. HTH.

keylargo

[ QUOTE ]
Ronica said:
Ok Keylargo, so do you spray it on at night? Does it dry so that you can wear your hair out? What would be a protective style? Like could you spray it on at night then wrap hair at night , and wear hair out the next day when it's dried?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not. I've never tried. I don't use activator when I'm planning to wear my hair out. I usually wear my hair in a ponytail everyday with the activator. I also spray with carefree curl moisturizer or sta sof fro. when I do wear my hair out I just use oils.

LiqueXX

Re: Your Daily Spray Moisturizer: What do you all

[ QUOTE ]
trinity said:
glycerine/distilled water/giovanni direct leave in

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds like a good mix

I just bought some Sta Sof Fro (the spray) and I like it better than the S-Curl because it does not seem as sticky. You could probably dilute it with distilled water to use on your hair if you are going to wear it down.

daviine

[ QUOTE ]
Ronica said:
Hi Diviine, Ok I think the formulas that I have in my post are one of yours from last year? If it is yours, did you use anyone of those as daily moisturizers on dried hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Mama--those are not my mixtures. They look familiar but I'm not sure whose they are.

daviine

I went back and checked and those mixtures are Peachtree's. Perhaps if you PM her, she can give you more info.

beautifulmane

I've beening wrapping my hair for about 10 years and I spray my length with Smooth N' Shine leave-in daily moisturizing spray (I highly recommend it!) then wrap and smooth with a small amount of Smooth N' Shine moisturizing styling gel and cover with a satin wrap scarf. This leaves my hair silky smooth, full of body, and extremely moisturized.

Ronica

That sounds good, so do you do this every night...spray with the Smooth N' Shine leave-in daily moisturizing spray? Where do you buy that? I may want to try that.