Is anyone else teeter-tottering btw APL and BSL?!

choconillaprincess

I was stuck a APL for a while then I had a growth spurt an made it to BSL then i decided that i wanted a blunt cut so i cut it back to APL where it got stuck for like 2 months straight... now i HATE the blunt hair cut and i want my U back... and i'm right btw APL and BSL and I'm getting really frustrated!!!! i hate this point in hair lenght... it's not long enough to hang below the shouldter but there's too much of it bunched up around your collar... ahhhahahah... its driving me nuts really... i just wanna know if anyone else is almostBSL... and how I can get a growth boost to get there?!

yeah I like to know this too..... for me getting from apl to bsl has been very difficult.... its such a weird length too... too short from some styles too long for others.

me.......
but im getting closer to bsl so im just sticking to what i know works and going from there.

I have been dealing with this for a while. I was so sure that I would be BSL by now. I was slowly creeping there, but in April I had to do a blunt cut and I was back to just above APL. I feel like I have been trying to reach BSL for so long...because I have been.

It is getting frustrating, I really feel like I should be doing something different because I should be there by now. Maybe I will just appreciate it more once I finally get there :rolleyes:

I am, I just keep hoping that I will get there soon. Maybe I'll reach brastrap by the end of this year. My hair just doesn't feel/ look as long as I thought it would at apl. Well good luck to you all. I guess all we can do is to remain patient even though that can be difficult at times. :wallbash:

Is anyone going to drastically change part of their regimen to get over this hump? I am thinking that maybe I should seriously step up my game on the protective styling for the summer.

I'm definitely feeling this!! Who knew those few inches would take SSSSSSOOOOOOOO LLLLOOOONNNNNGGGGG??????? Then I had to have my ends clipped at my last relaxer, it hurt my feelings, but I can't complain because its been a year. I better be there by the fall, or I'm gonna really be pissed. I do have time until graduation in March, but man this year would be nice.

Is anyone going to drastically change part of their regimen to get over this hump? I am thinking that maybe I should seriously step up my game on the protective styling for the summer.

I don't think that i will drastically change my regimen but I do think I will be baggying my hair more to keep it moist and hopefully reduce breakage. I may also try some of the Ayurvedic oils, rinses and/or powders mentioned to see which ones will strengthen my hair. But I think I will stay pretty close to my current regimen.

I'm also btw APL and BSL. I just made APL in February, and that was the longest my hair has even been. Now that I'm a few inches past APL I'm so happy that it's still growing. I'm sticking to my same regimen because it got me this far.

Question: My sister mentioned that it looks like I only need 2" to BSL, and I told her that I really needed 4". She said that she considered it BSL as soon as my hair touches the top band of my bra. I told her that I considered it BSL when my hair touches the bottom. Who's correct?

*raises hand*

Yesterday, I washed, DC'd and flatironed to check my progress and I think I'm just above bsl. I made apl sometime between jan and march 08. I have been wearing sew-ins and week long braidouts since my texlax touch up in march. Now that i'm transitioning to natural, I'm trying to figure out how to tweak my regimine to help get through this crazy new growth. I think the best way to get over the hump is to just hide it for a few months and you'll be surprised at how far you'll get. That has worked for me throughout my year and a half long journey.

Yeah I know what you mean. I was stuck between APL and BSL for a while. Finally reached BSL then I have had to cut it back to above BSL so I"m a little upset!!!!! I should make it back to BSL in 4-6 months or so hopefully.

haha yes. My hair was past BSL but I CUT it and now I'm back between APL and BSL..:wallbash:..welp ...here we go again!

I was stuck a APL for a while then I had a growth spurt an made it to BSL then i decided that i wanted a blunt cut so i cut it back to APL where it got stuck for like 2 months straight... now i HATE the blunt hair cut and i want my U back... and i'm right btw APL and BSL and I'm getting really frustrated!!!! i hate this point in hair lenght... it's not long enough to hang below the shouldter but there's too much of it bunched up around your collar... ahhhahahah... its driving me nuts really... i just wanna know if anyone else is almostBSL... and how I can get a growth boost to get there?!

I know all too well how you feel:ohwell:. Hopefully, I can get past this point in the next couple of months ...if I can just put the damn scissors down :wallbash:

:wallbash: meeee!! i started a thread yesterday about how my patience is wearing thin with this BSL mess lol. i think i need bout 3 more inches, which means i probably won't get there until december. :sad:

i feel EXACTLY the same way!!!!

I am, I just keep hoping that I will get there soon. Maybe I'll reach brastrap by the end of this year. My hair just doesn't feel/ look as long as I thought it would at apl. Well good luck to you all. I guess all we can do is to remain patient even though that can be difficult at times. :wallbash:

I'm also btw APL and BSL. I just made APL in February, and that was the longest my hair has even been. Now that I'm a few inches past APL I'm so happy that it's still growing. I'm sticking to my same regimen because it got me this far.

Question: My sister mentioned that it looks like I only need 2" to BSL, and I told her that I really needed 4". She said that she considered it BSL as soon as my hair touches the top band of my bra. I told her that I considered it BSL when my hair touches the bottom. Who's correct?

You both could have good arguments for your positions...I tend to be more conservative with my length. I only claim a length when I'm FULL that length which would be past BSL in this case. I went my hair to have loose curls and still rest on my bra strap and for that look each strand stretched would have to be past the top of the bra strap.

Back