is elucence condit comparable to KIE????

beana3

Has anyone tried both the elucence coditioner and the Kenra Intensive emollient? Are these products similiar in terms of consistency, conditioning properties, and detangling? What "Feel" did both of the condits leave on your hair?
All help is greatly appreciated....

auntybe

Beana: I have the KIE but I haven't tried it yet. I will try this weekend and post my results.

I had been putting it off because I love my Elucence.

Auntybe

SVT

The elucence has a thinner consistency as compared to the KIE. As a matter of fact, all of the Kenra labelled products are thick, so I prefer adding water to make the conditioners turn to cream in my hair. The creamy consistency spreads easier through my hair.

It's been a while since I've used KIE, but I remember that I really liked it. It made my hair feel softer. Then, I discovered Elucence. I can feel the conditioning effects of the Elucence immediately. It spreads easily through my hair without adding water and it detangles very well.

Allandra

I have used both Elucence and KIE. Both conditioners are thick, but I believe the KIE is a tad bit thicker. As far as conditioning properties and detangling, I would say that they are quite similiar IMO. Both conditioners left my hair detangled and feeling soft and moisturized. I have one sample left of the KIE, and I'm looking forward to using it soon. BTW, did you get a sample of KIE from the Naturally Curly website when they had the 'special' running? I got two samples. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I got 3 to 4 uses out of the first sample.

beana3

thanks for the replies everyone!
Allandra: yes i did get my sample of the KIE. (and I got the stuff you sent me wayyy back, and i dont think i ever formally thanked you for it /images/graemlins/angeldevil.gif. Thank You!!! i like the Khiels a lot, but i've ben too broke to purchase a full sized container. thennexxus worked great on my lil sis' hair, but not too well on me, but i'm glad i tried it!)
The reason i asked about the KIE and elucence, is b/c i really didn't like the KIe at all. I would like to try the elucence, but if these two are similiar i would be wasting my money. The way everyone was raving about it, i thought they sent me a bogus tub or something!! It didn't respond well to my hair.

LondonDiva

Beana, I'm calling on my hair twin for conditioner advice. Aside from the ORS what regular conditioner would you recommend for your hair. I'm asking because I'm running out of the Elucence and because of the expense won't be re-ordering. Before you recommend (if you can) I can't get hold of products such as

L'anza
Mizani
Dudley's
Kendra
Aubrey Organics

beana3

ok I haven't really used many products from those lines, but here's what i have tried
Mizani Moisturfuse.. its an okay conditioner, but not worth all the money in my opinion. I still use mine and get better results when i mix some olive oil into it. I dont have anything against it, but i wont be buying it again. The consistency was alil off from what i like, it was creamy, but very lite. 6 of 10, maybe you'll get better results from it.

Aubrey GPB was not for me... I dont even remember too much about it, other than i hated it soo much i never thought to try it again! I had a free sample.

Kenra Intensive emollient didn't do much for my hair. It has a consistency like smooth and sleek (which i read that u dont like). Again too lite for my hair. It made it softer, but nothing spectacular. They way everyone was raving about it, i thought i had a bogus tube. maybe i did, i got a free sample from naturallycurly.com

I want to try the dudleys hair rebuilder, i checked out the ingredients at the store, and they were nice. I didn' buy it b/c they wanted $13 and i know i can find it for cheaper. i'm looking to buy it in two weeks, i'll post my results.

Damn.. /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif i just looked at you question again and realized, you CANNOT access these products!!! And maybe after these reviews, you wont want to. myabe they'll help someone else out.

Okay, if you dont have anything against mineral oil in condits, maybe you can give Dark and lovely's cholesterol a try. Its cheap, and if u dont like it, you wont be loosing much $$$$ Its not like other cholesterols, its thinner (i usually like thick condits) but this works nice on my hair.

QH placenta cream was ok on my hair, i used it all, so it wasn't too bad.

i really dont have too many condits i would rec, just make sure you dont buy fantasia deep pentrating, just horrible... /images/graemlins/angry2.gif

LondonDiva

Awww poor you after all that typing. Thanks for giving it a go anyway. I'm tempted to go down the road right now and pick up some of the D&L cholesterol. Agh!! what's a girl to do. For conditioners I'm not really bothered about mineral oil content as it's washed out.