Elasta QP intense condit

beana3

okay, as per armyqt's recommendations i tried some elasta products (I didn't post immediately b/c i wanted to compare them to some other products). I purchased the Bodifying shamp and the Intense condit,
I did a preshamp olive oil treatment, warmed oil on damp hair for 1.5 hrs and 2 plastic caps, no heat

the shamp left my hair very clean, a lil stripped feeling, so i only lathered 1x.

Then i applied the intense condit... which is great! I dont know if it was b/c i got a trim that day or what, but my hair was soo easy to combout. My hair was soft afterwards.

Then i used the joico leave in.. mainly for its detangling properties. It did an okay job, but i prefer my motions detangling spray over it. I did a twist out using breakfree as my styling aid.. the twist out came out horrible!! /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif I'm not sure why, but i haven't had any good experiences with this lately. I had it down to a science in the summer /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I was wondering to those who have used the elucence AND elasta intense, how do they measure up to one another??? I think i got similiar results as those who rave about the elucence, except thwe elasta is much cheaper. I just wanted to throw that out there.
I'll try the above method in 2 days when i do a rollerset and see if i get better results that way.

Armyqt

Hi Beana. I'm glad you tried the Elasta Qp, it's a great cheap, easily accessible product with great ingredients. I find the Elasta QP H-Two leave-in spray to do wonders for detangling the hair. iF you really like the Elasta line, they have a Penetrating moisturizer that may work well for your braidouts. I felt the same way about the shampoo, it is a little stripping. I won't be using it often and I don't think I'll repurchase. But everything else I've tried so far gets a thumbs up. As far as the intense moisturizer, it does do an awesome job of moisturing the hair. However, I didn't use it as a deep conditioner. I still like the Elucence MB for this. But that's just me. You don't necessarily have to have both. Why don't you call Lisa @ Pleasant Image and see if you could get a free sample of the MB. That way, you can compare the 2 products.. hth

PS. The Elasta QP DPR-11 is a great deep conditioner!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LondonDiva

ArmyQT I'm going to give the conditioner another go and see if it makes a difference now that my hair has been touched up. I'll keep the H-Two on my list, but I can across a cremem moisturising shampoo. Just wanted to know have you tried this. I don't think it contained any sulfates, but every time I try a non sulfate shampoo it doesn't seem to work on my hair.

diamoness

yes, I use the conditioning shampoo. It is very moisturizing and I won't use any other shampoo ever again.
I think you should give it a try. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Armyqt

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
LondonDiva said:
ArmyQT I'm going to give the conditioner another go and see if it makes a difference now that my hair has been touched up. I'll keep the H-Two on my list, but I can across a cremem moisturising shampoo. Just wanted to know have you tried this. I don't think it contained any sulfates, but every time I try a non sulfate shampoo it doesn't seem to work on my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Londondiva, I have not tried the creme moisturizing conditioner. Do you have it? let me know how you like it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LondonDiva

Ooooooh diamoness, you know that makes a sistah want to purchase it tomorrow, but you know she'll wait a whole 7 days before she does. /images/graemlins/huh.gif Like that makes any difference. I've already bought 2 new shampoos this week. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LondonDiva

ArmyQT No I don't have it yet. I carried just a few pounds on me that day and I really needed the Activator. It was my way of disciplining myself with the PJ factor. It worked but it hurt so bad to walk out of there and leave the shampoo on the shelf.

daviine

Wow LD, you try a lot of shampoos. Ever since discovering CON years ago, I've never had the urge to try new shampoos. I tried Keracare once and like it but that was it. I also tried Breakthru based on your recommendation and I like it so I decided that that would be my shampoo to alternate the CON with since I've been using it for YEARS!.

I suspect, however, that if it weren't SLS and ALS being on the list of "no-nos" that I would try a LOT of shampoos. One becasue of how great they sound with the beauty buzz words and phrases ( hysdrating, thirst quenching, exclusive blend of nature's blah blah and secondly becasue of all the product reviews done here. Luckily, I am very limited when trying to avoid the sulfates.

Girl you are becoming a PJ extraordinaire..... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Armyqt

Girl you are becoming a PJ extraordinaire.....

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL..OH NO, Not extraordinaire!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LondonDiva

Daviine, honey I know /images/graemlins/smile.gif Call me crazy but these shampoos speak to me from the shelves I tell ya. I love to try new things and after early on in my regimen from sticking to one shampoo I missed out on things like the Profectiv one and breakthru. I determined to make this year my year in getting my product regimen down to a perfect T, so I don't mind with all the shampoo buying. Knowing me after all of this I think I'll have it down to just the breakthru, Profectiv, CON for moisturising ones. After using the elasta QP bodyfying I don't think I'll search for a claryfying as this really cleans the hair and I don't like to use it too often. The motions for a neutralizer and the motions CPR during the breakage time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

By Decemeber I want to have all my staple products. I'll never know unless I try right, but this time around I seem to spending money on the cheap but effective products ao I guess that's why I have so many cause I'm not wasting my cash on the dud expensive products like Nexxus.

beana3

LondonDiva said:
I'll keep the H-Two on my list, but I can across a cremem moisturising shampoo. Just wanted to know have you tried this. I don't think it contained any sulfates, but every time I try a non sulfate shampoo it doesn't seem to work on my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

LD, how did you like the H-two leave in?? did you find it detangling? Also, I haven't tried the Profectiv shamp yet, but since we pretty much have the same tastes in hair porducts, its on my list. Pending your review of the h-two that might go on my list as well.
I feel you on the shamp trial and error, I'm glad i tried the Bodifying shamp, sometimes you just need to buy products to get the urge out of your system, plus it was cheap, so no harm done. I'll keep it around for extra cleansing.

I'm a bit confused as to EXACTLY what the Intense should be used for. My hair felt very moisturized, but hydrolyzed silk PROTEIN is pretty high on the list. I think i'll continue to use it as a mositurizing condit anyway... alternating with that and my D&amp;L cholesterol as mositurizers.

I plan on using the intense on sunday, if all goes well, I'l officially rave about this product! I wanted to use it today, but my hair is due 4 a power protein treatment.

daviine

...sometimes you just need to buy products to get the urge out of your system, ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that this is the essence of being a PJ. I get that itch often but after I've tried it then I get upset becasue I have another full bottle of a product I hate/feel lukewarm about.

But anyways...keep posting your reviews girls....

LondonDiva

beana3 said:
LD, how did you like the H-two leave in?? did you find it detangling?

[/ QUOTE ]

Beana when I was generous with the spray it was very detangling, it made the whole comb out process after my conditioner very easy. It's a keeper for me, plus it's cheap /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm a bit confused as to EXACTLY what the Intense should be used for. My hair felt very moisturized, but hydrolyzed silk PROTEIN is pretty high on the list. I think i'll continue to use it as a mositurizing condit anyway... alternating with that and my D&amp;L cholesterol as mositurizers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused with the intense also, but I'm going to give it another go on my next wash day and see how it will fair up compared to the other conditioners. I'm hoping that the hydrolyzed silk protein isn't one to be wary of. It seems like a frequent use conditioner.