Is it bad to glue in tracks while........

NappiiGurlC

your hair is cornrowed just like when u sew them in because it is hard for me to take out sew in weave, but when i put olive oil on my hair and sit under a plastic cap the tacks slip out. Since i have never done it this way i wanted to know. I was thinkig of....

-cornrowing my hair and gluing in the straight hair tracks but leaving a the front of hair loose and a little around the edges. Is this a bad idea? Thanx in advance for anyone who can help me or offer any kind of advice

Actually, this is a popular method of glueing in tracks. I've seen in a hair magazine where a girl had cornrows going straight back, and then they glued the tracks on horizontally, and left hair out all around the front edges to conceal the wefts. Turned out really nice. As far as it damaging your hair, I honestly don't know much about glued on tracks.

I never heard that before, i always see in magazines they rnrow the air and then sew in the tracks at least i know my idea isn't out ofthe ordinary thanx karonca

bump

[ QUOTE ]
your hair is cornrowed just like when u sew them in because it is hard for me to take out sew in weave, but when i put olive oil on my hair and sit under a plastic cap the tacks slip out. Since i have never done it this way i wanted to know. I was thinkig of....

-cornrowing my hair and gluing in the straight hair tracks but leaving a the front of hair loose and a little around the edges. Is this a bad idea? Thanx in advance for anyone who can help me or offer any kind of advice

[/ QUOTE ]

If your long term goal is to have long, healthy hair.. throw the glue away and please don't glue hair onto cornrows. Just thinking about that gives me the shivers.

Even though glued tracks may slip out, they still leave glue on your hair and you have to get that stuff out.... Glue should only be used for a temporary once in a while thing. Glue is not your friend.

If you want to achieve lenght and growth.. sew- but if you don't care about the condition of your hair.. then glue away.

To be perfectly honest. I think braiding and glueing tracks is based on your hair. Each time I got a sewn in week(professionally down,not too tight)my hair still came out because of the tension on my hair. Eight months ago, I started getting my hair done regularly and have a few tracks bonded in(even though I take them out on a weekly basis). I have noticed that hair is now growing back in healthy. I even have been able to ad less tracks because of the new growth spurt. So to answer question, yes it is ok as long as you don't leave the tracks in longer than a week at a time....oh and your method is great....

I think they demonstrated this method on the Sensationnel website, but I can't get in. Daggit! But I have seen this method before, at least twice.

NappiiGurlC, have you tried the stocking cap method? I can't wait to make my own wiglet!
clap.gif

i was only thinking of leaving this style in for about a week since its my last week of school and i wanted to try a new style, ea i know the scary story about hair glus because i lived it, but i think your hair can come out a lot if you dont cornrow your hair and jus bond the glue on because it can get stuck to the strands of your hair and the root but with cornrowing you dont have to worryabout lngas you take care of it. Thats just my opinion and i think......i answered by own question lol

Thanx a bunch ladies

I've heard of tree braids, but dont know much about it. It's when they actually cornrow your hair and they cornrow the weave in with your hair so to take it down you just unbraid your hair. I'm looking into doing this myself. Here's a style using tree braids:

hg_tree.jpg

I got this from:
http://www.naturalhair.org/hg_006.htm

It's supposed to be a lot less damaging that gluing or sewing. My best friend had them for a while with no damage.

no i never tried the stocking cap method only because i always wanted a more natural real look but that is a good idea where you glue tracks onto the cap, but how would u do a part? i may try that method though

I guess you could fix the cap so that it doesn't cover your entire head and then that way, you'll have more of your natural hairline to create a part. Gosh, I dunno, I've never tried it yet. But I can't wait!

bumping...

NappiiGurlC:

1. Go to sensationnel.com
2. Click on "Use & Care" on the top bar menu
3. Find "Bonding Technique" and click on that
4. And wallah! I think this is the exact same method you were talking about. I hope this helps!
clap.gif

Back