Is it the Methods or the Products?

What contributes more to obtaining LONG hair - the care or the products

• Methods ex. con washing, baging ends, deep conditioning

Votes: 45 25.1%
  • Products ex. specific brands of oils, conditioners, etc.

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Combo of both care methods and products

Votes: 132 73.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ayeshia

methods for sure...you can deep condition every day with the best salon products, take vits and so forth but if you are still ripping a comb through your hair, using spritz to flat iron, etc your hair will still be jacked up.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
I think it's about 70% the methods and 30% the products.
Moisturizing products are a must, at least for me. I could not make it with shampoo for oily hair etc. Every product needs to have some moisture or oil in it :)

The methods on the other hand are crucial. If you don't detangle gently and use hair friendly hair toys etc your hair will break and thus not "grow". Since I stopped combing and brushing my hair has flourished!

toniy

I said both because I have always had good and/or expensive products (Nexxus). My hair would take off and grow, but I couldnt keep the length no matter what I would buy. So if methods equals knowledge...I would say, I learned how to read my hair and which products to use depending on how my hair reacts.

Since starting this board, I read labels and lean more towards natural/cheaper products (castor oil,jojoba,Suave,coconut oil,Evoo,B&B).:)

Knowledge I say...

ChasingBliss

gymfreak336 said:
For me personally I believe it is combo of both. However I do believe that quality products make a big difference. I can tell a visible difference between my hair now and my hair last year. I am using better products this year with the same methods and I see a huge difference. My texture is better, my color, I have more shine, and it is easier to keep it moisturized.

Yep totally agree. I definitely see the difference a product can make in the feel and manageability of your hair. So that combined with good techniques means both are vital.

hottopic

How did I miss this thread. I say it's a combo of both. I used very good expensive products before I found this forum. None seemed to work for me, until I started to really pay attention to my hair.

Amarech

It's both. I've got great methods (flat ironing, blow drying) but without great products (Paul Mitchell) my hair would look a hot mess!

My regimen (not regime) is about to undergo a major change. Up till now its been all about trying to counteract the damage and issues from past mistakes. Now that my hair is in generally good health and retaining length, I've got to really change what I do (I've already got the products), cause if I don't I doubt I will reach my goals as soon as I'd like.

LadyZ

I think both also... My hair responded to some products and other products just did not work... Use a product that works well with your hair... and perfect the right method to use it...

Tee

Both for sure. Products can help so much if you aren't using the best methods. (The wrong products or using them incorrectly can really mess you up also.)

CynamonKis

I agree....

BrownSkin2 said:
I think its the combination of both products and method, for example you need to use the correct products for your hair type like moisturizing poos and conditoners as well as moisturizers, etc. Coupled with the right products, the way you treat your hair, the methods used, protective styling and moisturinzing your ends makes healthy long hair. I'd have to say both product and methods.

sunnieb

Definitely a combination of both!

Finding the right products was only half the battle for me. Learning to stretch relaxers, scarf method, no heat styling, etc. was essential for my overall hair health.