Is my hair too moisturized?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I baggy every day and I wash twice a week. I alternate between protein and moisture every week. I've been using ORS Hair Mayo, but I'm gonna try Motions CPR next. Anywho, my hair stretches just a teensy bit and my hair is REALLY soft. Not mushy, but soft. Is this how hair is SUPPOSED to be and I'm just not used to it? Or do I need more protein? TIA!

It is hard to say. Personally, ORS Mayo has never been too much protein for me. It is not even good for me when my hair is in need of protein - it just is not good enough.

For my hair, if all I used was ORS Mayo for protein, You betta bet I would get over moisturized in a a few weeks EASY.

But, I think it is that plus the moisturizers that I use that give me cronically over moisturized hair.

But, softness is good, though. Maybe your hair is just responding to all that good TLC that you are giving it. :)

I don't know if this would help, but when ever I feel that "mushy feel" I use a fortifying shampoo and conditioner for that wash. It helps. I really havent had the need to do a hard protein in a while, but this fixes the problem.

I'd say if it is soft, but not mushy, and stretches and returns back to its original lenght without breaking then you are probably in balance and it is just responding to the TLC. JM2C :)

Back